6

"Wanna take a sneak peak?" Louis asked and waved the script in his hand.

"Absolutely. I'm kind of beat though. How about we order in and then we take a warm bath?' Harry suggested.

"That sounds like an excellent plan." Louis smiled and kissed him.

They agreed to get thaifood and placed an order. While they waited for the food they got comfortable on the couch and opened their scripts.

"Where were we? Yes, we just signed a horrible record deal. Here." Louis said and started reading out loud.

38. EXT. OUTSIDE A STUDIO- DAY

The boys walk to the front door of a studio.

NIGEL
Is it true that you two couldn't even be apart for Christmas?

LEON
So? I wanted my mum to meet my boyfriend.

NIGEL (grins)
Cute.

BARRY (beams)
Leon met my mum too.

They walk inside the studio.

CUT TO:

39. INT. MUSIC STUDIO- DAY

They shake hands with the vocal coach.

HELENA
I'm Helena, your new vocal coach. I have your first song right here.

They get the lyrics and look it through. All smiling. BARRY furrows his eyebrows.

BARRY
I don't see Leon's and Nigel's names. It must be a mistake. Surely they get to sing a part of the song too?

HELENA
Of course! They sing the chorus.

BARRY
It says that we all sing.

HELENA
Yes, I'm sorry. This is your label's decision.

BARRY
But...

LEON
It's okay, Barry. It's just one song.

BARRY looks sad but doesn't push it. They rehearse the song. (See sheet music).

FADE OUT:

"I don't recognize the lyrics. What song is this?" Harry questioned as he flipped through the pages and found the lyrics.

"I don't know." Louis said and pulled out his phone and googled it. "I can't find it online."

"Wait? Did Niall write it? That's so cool." Harry smiled. He looked through the papers. " Here's more songs!"

"Really? He wrote a whole damn record? That's impressive." Louis smiled.

"They're supposed to be from different records." Harry said and showed Louis a couple of songs with the scene and imaginary album written on top of the page.

"I wonder if they're any good?" Louis wondered.

Harry got up and headed to the piano.
"Alright, this one is called Don't Forget Where You Belong. Sing it with me."

Harry played the melody first so they would know what the song was supposed to sound like before he only played the chords. He started to sing.

Been a lot of places
I've been all around the world
Seen a lot of faces
Never knowing where I was
On the horizon
Hmm, well I know, I know, I know, I know
The sun will be rising back home

Louis smiled and sang the next verse.

Living out of cases
And packing up and taking off
Made a lot of changes
But not forgetting who I was
On the horizon
Ooh, well I know, I know, I know, I know
The moon will be rising back home

They sang the chorus together.

Don't forget where you belong, home
If you ever feel alone, don't
You were never on your own
And the proof is in this song

They finished the song and Harry got up from the piano.
"That's a good song."

"Yeah." Louis agreed.

The doorbell went off and Louis opened it and paid for their takeout. They decided to eat in the living room and continued to read the script.

FADE IN:

40. INT. HOTEL ROOM- NIGHT

BARRY and LEON are sharing a bed.

LEON
We should probably rent a place of our own. I mean, we'll spend a lot of time in London and I don't wanna live in a hotel.

BARRY
We?

LEON
Oh, I mean, if you want to. We can rent two apartments or you can live in a hotel if you don't wanna share an apartment. I was just thinking out loud.

BARRY (rambles)
No, I wanna rent a place together. I'm too young to rent one by myself anyway, oh, but that's not the reason I wanna live with you, but I mean I might not be able to, because, you know my age.

LEON (smiles fondly)
You're fucking adorable, you know that? I can be your legal guardian or something if you really wanna find a place together?

BARRY
Yes.

LEON kisses him. They make out. Barry breaks the kiss first.

BARRY
Leon?

LEON (hums)
Mhm?

BARRY
I... I love you

LEON (happy smile)
I love you too.

FADE OUT:

"Aaaaw. That was sweet." Harry cooed.

"Sugar sweet." Louis smiled.

"I love you." Harry said.

"I love you too." Louis replied.

They put the scripts away and finished their dinner before they headed to the bathroom and filled up the jacuzzi.

The next day they cornered Niall as soon as they entered the conference room.
"Niall! Did you really write all those songs for this movie?" Harry asked.

Niall looked surprised.
"Of course, but most of them are just snippets. Not full songs."

"They're great!" Louis smiled and Harry hummed in agreement.

Niall looked happy.
"Thanks, guys! There's not enough songs though so I was thinking that we could maybe give it a try all of us and write a few more."

Before Harry and Louis could reply David Hasselhoff cut in.
"I'm a huge artist. I can do that. You know that I united East and West Germany with my performance of Looking For Freedom, right?"

Harry, Niall, and Louis shared a look.
"Right." Niall replied.

They sat down and continued their reading. Niall played What Makes You Beautiful as they reached that part of the script and everyone complimented him for the song.