4

They were all gathered again to read the rest of the script. They went through the scenes that Harry and Louis had read the night before but they just read their lines and were both interested to see what would happen next.

20. INT. BEDROOM- DAY

Another bedroom with two bunk beds and a single bed. The boys walk in. BARRY and LEON both rush over to the single bed.

BARRY AND LEON (Shouting)
Dibs!

LEON
You had the single bed in Spain. It's my turn!

BARRY
I have a bad back.

LEON
That's not a valid reason. Well, I guess we just have to share then.

BARRY (smiling)
Fine

LIONEL
Why on earth would you share a single bed when you can have a bed of your own?

BARRY and LEON blush. Won't look at each other. LEON walks over to the nearest bunk bed and drops his bag on it.

LEON
Right. I'll just take the bottom one.

BARRY looks disappointed. Glances at LEON. Doesn't speak.

CUT TO:

21. INT. LIVING ROOM- DAY

MUSIC. The boys walk into the living room. Greet the other contestants. Look around. Eat dinner.

CUT TO:

22. INT. BEDROOM- NIGHT

The boys are getting ready for bed. Laughing. Throwing pillows at each other. Settle down. ZACK, LIONEL, NIGEL fall asleep. LEON gets up. Get in bed with BARRY who is still awake. Whispering conversation.

BARRY
I can't believe we're gonna be on TV!

LEON
I know right? I hope my teachers see me. They always said that my bad grades wouldn't get me anywhere in life.

BARRY
They said that? You're really gonna prove them wrong.

LEON
Yeah, I wonder how far we'll make it? It feels like we have a fair chance of winning. We're really good together.

BARRY
We are! I just hope I won't faint on stage or something. It's scary with all those people looking at us. Being five of us takes some of the pressure off at least.

LEON
Yeah, I know what you mean.

They lay in silence for a moment. Heads close together. BARRY turns to look at LEON. LEON looks at BARRY. They stare at each other. LEON turns away first. Sighs.

LEON
I think life as we know it will change.

BARRY
For the better.

FADE TO:

23. INT. BEDROOM- MORNING

LIONEL, ZACK, and NIGEL stand in front of the single bed looking at BARRY and LEON sleeping. LEON is spooning BARRY from behind.

NIGEL (whispers)
Do we really have to wake them up? They're so cute.

LIONEL
Yeah, but we have rehearsal in thirty and you know how grumpy Leon gets without breakfast.