Chapter 14

( MinYu's POV)

I finally get to go home.. what a fucking day. Now I have a 15 minute drive from Sanjai's house and I am tired and hungry as hell. I guess I'm finally crashing from all the coffee I drank earlier. I roll down the window and turn on some music to keep myself awake. As I turn on the radio Yes or No by Jeon Jungkook of BTS begins blearing through the speakers. "I love this song!" I shout while turning it up even more. I'm steering with my left hand while holding an imaginary microphone in my right. I began to sing along. " Are you feeling the rush if sooo then I think I know what's going on are we falling in love say yes or no yes or no yes or noooo" I've must have been feeling it a little too much as I pulled up to the stop light, I notice a car full of women who looks to be college age recording me with their cellphones. Usually, I'd be embarrassed and immediately stop but instead I turned to them and continued singing out the window with my imaginary Microphone. The car full of women cheered as the light turned green and my mini concert came to an end. "Gamsahabrida" ( Thank you) I yelled before pulling off. "What are you doing MinYu I chuckled to myself. "Yup I'm tired as hell and have completely lost my mind"

I pull into the driveway and my dad looks to be home, including another car that I'm never happy to see. "My mom is in town for her once in a life time visit...great" I shut off the car and contemplate going in the house. "This day can't get any worst" I run my fingers through my hair while silently screaming like a maniac. "Well let's get this over with MinYu so you can go to bed" I grab my backpack, lock the car door and head into the house. I can smell her perfume soon as I hit the door." Jeogi nae adeuli isseoyo" ( There is my son). She walks towards the front door to hug me. She hugs me and tells me how much taller I've grown since she last seen me. I kick off my shoes ignoring the fact that she's even here. "Park MinYu! that's no way to greet your mother Show some respect!" My dad yells while walking in our direction. "Hi eomma (Mom) Bye eomma" I walk right past her. "MinYu" My dad yells again. "I'm not doing this with her right now! I've already had a shitty long day. Now can I go take a shower and go to bed.... It's already 12:30am and I have to be up at 6:45am" They both look at each other. "What happen at school" They both ask. "Long story short Chae Won is still stalking me and she dumped her lunch tray on Sanjai and Sun Hee" "What?" They both shout. She's been giving you trouble since middle school. Even when you were in the states wasn't she stalking your social media and creating fake rumors about you guys dating?" I nod my head. Are you sure you don't want to press charges this is getting ridiculous" My mother asks" "I think I need to come to your school to have a word with Chae won's dad... better yet me and Sanji's dad need to go together let me call him" My dad pulls out his phone from his slacks back pocket. "No, let me handle this. besides, let Sanjai tell her dad herself. Dad promise me you wont say anything if Mr. Miller doesn't bring it up first" "Alright but if you don't handle it I will and that's final!" I agree and head towards my room.

I turn on my light and plop down on my bed. "ugh I'm so tired" I whine" I put my phone on the charger and head to the bathroom to take a shower. After my shower I grab a big bowl of ramen and head straight to bed. The only problem was I couldn't get comfortable. I tossed and turn and wondered what Ha Joon and Sanjai were discussing via Papago. Why was it such a secret. Ha Joon and I usually tell each other everything. Does Ha Joon really like Sanjai? Does Sanjai like him back... are they secretly dating ?! I tossed and turned with my mind racing at 100 questions per minute. Why do I care anyway it's not like I like her. I flip over to my side to see the clock which reads 2:45am. I groan while putting the covers over my head. The biggest question is why is my mother back in Korea and how long is she staying... before I knew it the room went dark and I was fast asleep.

( time skip 6:45am)

My alarm clock echoes throughout my room as I groan and whine into my pillow. My fist crash against the snooze button as I lay on my back staring at the ceiling. I never get enough sleep and every day is starting to feel like the movie groundhog day. Especially since I have to pick up an extra person. Now I have to get up extra early. "Are you up?" I hear my mother ask as she peeks her head into my room. "yes... why are you up? better yet why are you here?" We both fell silent for a moment. " For 1 there is a time zone difference between Korea and where I work so I was up all night working. 2 I can't miss my family... I mean you stopped taking my calls and answering my text messages. So, I thought I should come and check on you in person" I get out of bed and start walking towards the bathroom to get ready. " Or are you really here to finally divorce dad and you want to see me for the last time" I didn't even wait for her to answer before shutting the bathroom door in her face. I look into the mirror while gripping the sides of the sink as rage began to consume me. " Who the fuck do she think she is coming home to play house whenever she feels like it" I began doing the breathing exercises my therapist taught me and I finally was able to calm down and get ready from school.