Chess

My eyes widened and I could only stutter out, "What?"

And then I was tackled to the ground. His hands were on my neck, strangling me, but I kicked him in the torso with both of my legs, and he fell backwards.

Everyone took out their weapons, and they formed a defensive circle around me. Ere stepped in front of me and sneered. "I'm sorry, but we're trying to keep her alive. "

Erebus squinted at Ere, and for a second he shook. "Cassandra?"

"Sorry, but try again next time, father." We all gasped, but I had already expected it. Except for Erebus.

Ere walked forward, and he stood up. "The thing is, however, that the story wasn't quite true. You see, Cassandra, or as I would call her, Mom, didn't die. She was simply unconscious.

But, seeing that you probably don't have any experience in the medical field, you would've thought she was dead. Some of the gods helped her get healed, and it turned out that she was pregnant, with me. And she named me Casseria. "

Erebus' eyes scanned Ere's face, and I could see a slight resemblance between them. Same dark as night hair, same grey eyes. "Father," Ere said, " You don't have to do this, just stand down. "

The gates suddenly creaked open, making an ominous noise as they did so. Two people came out, one belonging to a woman with blonde hair. "Hemera!" Aether called out, and her head picked up, recognizing his voice. Hemera ran toward Aether, but was held back by a boy with purple eyes. Ethan.

I stared at Ethan, but he looked at me suspiciously, since he no longer had any idea of who I was. He grabbed Hemera by the arm, but not tightly, and looked at Erebus. "What do we do now, my lord?"

Erebus kept staring at Ere, and rubbed his hand over his face. "You're right, I don't have to do this." He paced around us, that psychotic grin spreading across his face again. "But I will anyway. You see, it's just the nature of things. And as they say, history repeats itself. Kronos rising again, Gaia rising, and now it's my turn. And this time, I'll make sure that I win.

Sorry, daughter, but that's the way of things. I'll spare you, but your friends are going to have to die. And starting with the girl."

A swooshing sound reverberated around us, and I saw a large red mass of liquid from the distance come closer. It was the water from the River of Fire.

Percy was sweating from the effort of pulling all of the water towards us. "None of my friends are going to die here. Even if that means that I have to kill you myself." He grabbed me, and yelled as the wave passed over us.

I was almost taken away by the water, but Percy kept his grip on me. He formed a pocket of air around us, and I coughed out the water that had gotten into my lungs." And the others?"

He rubbed sweat off his forehead, and breathed inward. " Probably fine. I gave them enough of a warning." Seconds later, the wave passed, and the damage done was noticeable. The gates were torn off their hinges, and water flooded the tower.

"Hey, what the hades, are you a son of that sea God? And why'd you have to mess up my place like that? That just gives me another reason to kill- Umph!" Erebus hovered in the air, and was holding Ere, who was kicking himself, swearing and telling him to let her go. "Now, now, Cassy, calm down. Don't hurt your dad. "

"Don't ever call me Cassy, my mom is the only person that can call me that. And ever will," Ere said with a threatening tone," And besides, you're not much of a dad. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to release myself. "

She pushed herself off of him, and was falling towards the ground. I heard Nico tell her name and rush forward, but at the last second, Ere soared upwards. Wings flapped, and I realized that she had wings. They were grey, with the exterior areas black. "Holy shit, that's cool! Keep it up, dear. " Nico shouted.