Worst Christmas

Hestia took me back to the room that I was before, and she just patted my shoulder. "It's going to be alright, Reyna. You are a tough girl. You just need some rest. "

"But what is the quest...." My eyelids began to droop and Hestia chanted something in a whisper. She left the room, and I fell into a deep slumber.
____

I opened my eyes, not knowing where I was for a second. And then I remembered everything.

I stretched, and walked out of the door.

I went to the small room where a fire place was. Percy was sitting at the table eating food, while Hestia was at the stove, cooking something.

"Hello. " I sat down at the table, and saw Percy and Hestia exchange glances.

Percy moved his seat in, coming closer to me. "Umm, Merry Christmas. " He put on an awkward grin and patted me.

I just stared straight at him. "I've been sleeping for three days? That's it? Nothing else?"

He tried to hide worry behind his eyes. "Uh, yeah. "

"Oh cut the crap. Hestia told you what I have to do on the quest, didn't she?"

Hestia spoke up. "Yes, but if you just wait for the gods to come up with a plan they-"

"Wait?! You want me to wait? These gods won't make a decision until it's too late and Erebus comes knocking on their door. Just tell me the godsdamn quest already. "

Percy wrapped an arm around me. "Calm down, Reyna. I think it's better if you just calm down and wait for the gods to make a decision. "

"What is the bad thing around this quest? Someone will tell me, if it isn't you two. " I stood up, and walked out.

I walked around Olympus, until I found a god that would tell me. I tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around. "Yes?"

"Hello, Lord Hades. I was just wondering if you could tell me what I have to do on my quest. "

I thought he was going to say no, but he just looked both ways, and then we shadow travelled. We landed in Hades' palace thing and I saw Nico try to run away from us.

I ran to him and hugged him. "Little Bro! You're like the only person I don't want to kill! "

He struggled to try to get out of my grip. "No hugging! I told you this before. " He shadow travelled out of my arms.

Hades coughed. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll tell you what you need to do in order to complete your quest. And, " he faced towards a column. "Mr. Jackson would you please come out so I can advance. "

Percy came into view, and he just looked at me weirdly. Was it pity? Sadness? Anger? I wouldn't know until it was too late.

Hades started to speak and I focused on him. "Here's the plan. You, Percy, and preferably Nico," Nico groaned in the corner, "are going to find Erebus, try to convince him to better judgement, or if he refuses, kill him. "

"So what's so hard about that? I mean, it's just a pep talk , and if not we're screwed. "

All three of them just looked at me.

"The hard part is about getting there." Nico said.

"Where is it?...." And then it hit me. "It's in Tartarus isn't it?"

"Yep. " I heard Percy say. "You don't have to do this, the gods can easily-"

"The gods can't do shit-" I looked at Hades. "Except for some. If I don't do it, there's going to be another war. With a huge amount of casualties, if he has never been able to be defeated before.

You don't have to come with. I can do it myself. "

"No!" Nico shouted at me, his face filled with worry. "Reyna, you don't know what it would be like for you to go through Tartarus yourself. I barely survived, and Percy was lucky because he... Because he wasn't alone. I'm going with you. "

I shrugged, knowing that there was no reasoning with him. "Alright then, two-man squad. Batman and Robin."

I looked at Percy, expecting for him to say something, but he looked at me and then at the floor. What was wrong with him.

"And when do we start this quest?" I asked Hades.

"Tomorrow. " He said bluntly. Tomorrow? But that isn't enough time to prepare. What if-what if I never come back?

Nico interrupted my thoughts. "It's going to be fine. Father, can you transport us back to Olympus?"

"Oh, yes. " And we were back in Olympus.

I walked away, and asked the nearest person where I could send an Iris message.

I found a fountain, and I put a coin in. The image was starting to clear when there was a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and it was Percy. "Come on, Reyna. You're not supposed to tell anyone. "

"Just wait a sec. It's already starting to clear. " I looked into the mist, yet there was no response from the other side. Please, please work.

Percy suddenly picked me up and tried to take me away. I tried to get out of his grip, but he wouldn't let me go. "Reyna, I told you that you're not supposed to tell anyone. "

"Let me go! Please!" I kicked and punched him, and managed to get out. "Just give me one minute." But he regained his grip and dragged me away.

Kicking and screaming, I saw that there was a crowd gathering. And that the most cleared already.

"Reyna? Reyna, is that you!? What's going on? Are you okay?" But then one of the minor gods yelled at someone to end the Iris message. "NO! Please, just let me see Reyna. Just for a second. "

And that second lasted for what seemed like hours. I was held by Percy, kicking and screaming. " I'm sorry, I'm sorry for not saying goodbye. " Then they ended the Iris message.

I went limp in Percy's arm and let him carry me away. I didn't care anymore.

I'm sorry, Hylla.