26

Aaron's POV:

I was panicking like fucking crazy. I didn't know what to do. I caught her before she fell but she didn't wake up. I carried her out to my car and I took her to the nearest hospital. The doctors gave her an IV drip and she finally woke up after about ten minutes. She fell back asleep though. I took her phone to call her parents. No fucking way I'm letting this shit slide.
Her dad picked up my call,
"Hello, Mr. Gray. Can I please talk to your wife?"
"Aaron. What a surprise, of course."
He handed the phone to Mrs. Gray.
"Hi, Aaron this is such a pleasant surprise, what's going on?" She asked as though she didn't fucking know the damage she causes to her own fucking daughter.
"Stop with the fake niceties, Flora. Shut the fuck up. I don't care if I'm being rude towards you right now but you fucking deserve it."

Lia's father tried interrupting me but I asked him to just let me finish first.

"Your fucking daughter is lying in a hospital bed because of the shit you said to her the last time you called. Do you have no fucking shame for treating your daughter like this? You gave birth to her. You fed her. How the fuck is she a disgrace to you when she is at the best university in the world? The fact that you could even think about blackmailing her into not coming home anymore, seriously? How the fuck is she a whore? Please explain that amazing logic to me. I swear to God if I hear about any more shit you've said to her... "

" How dare you talk to my wife like that? " Her dad said, furious.

" Your wife is the reason your daughter is malnourished and dehydrated and has cuts all over her arm right now. You better talk to her before yelling at me, Sir. Have a good fucking day, Mr and Mrs. Gray. "

I was so fucking angry at the way her mother has been treating her. I didn't know what the fuck else to do except call her and yell at her. Blair and Archer had gone out for dinner so they took a while to come but when they finally did, Blair burst into tears looking at Lia lying on the hospital bed. She felt so guilty that she couldn't help her or even realize what she was probably going through. Archer held her until she fell asleep in his arms. I got a call from Lia's father.
"Hello, Aaron. Can you tell me what exactly happened? My wife is refusing to tell me anything."

I told him everything Lia had told me.

" I'm sorry if I was disrespectful to you in any way, sir. But, Lia is my girlfriend. I love her. I knew about all the shit her mother says to her sometimes but I never did anything about it and it's gotten to this point."

" You have nothing to apologize for. I'm sorry I wasn't a better father. I'm getting on a flight to Boston. I should be there in a while. Please send me the exact location of the hospital."

I said okay and hung up. I felt a little guilty that I yelled at her mother like that but she fucking deserves it. Aurelia woke up again and I forced her to eat something. I laid down next to her and pulled her close to me, wrapping my arms around her. My tears fell on her hair as I cried. I was so fucking terrified of losing her.

Her dad showed up the next morning,
"Hey." I heard him say at the door.
I moved off the bed and walked over to him. I held out my hand to shake his and instead, he wrapped his arms around me, sobbing quietly. I didn't know what to do so I just tapped on his back gently. I didn't let go of him until he pulled away. He wiped away his tears and looked at me.
"I'm so sorry, Aaron. I- I never meant to be so neglectful as a father. "
" It's not your fault. Where's Mrs. Gray? "
" Oh, well. I don't really know. I'm filing for a divorce. "
" Sir, I'm sorry. I never meant to make you do that."
" No, it's fine. I don't want to continue spending the rest of my life with a woman who made my daughter feel this way. I have been a bad father and I would like to fix that now. She refused to accept her mistake. She just claimed that Aurelia was too sensitive. "
He scoffed and sat down.
" It's going to be a long process to get a divorce from her. I have to stay in LA till it's done. I need to know you will take care of her, Aaron. I need to know she's safe from herself. Also, please call me James. You're a part of the family now. "

" I've been meaning to talk to you about that, Si- James. I was wondering if it's okay with you if we moved in together off campus. I need your help in looking for a place. I know Aurelia adores your house and I would love for her to find a place she truly loves even if it's just till we're done with college. "

He smiled, " Yes, of course. I'll help you with anything you want. "

" I promise I'll keep her safe. There's no way I'm letting her out of my sight. " I said, smiling.
He laughed and we sat down together and looked for some places nearby on my laptop.

Aurelia woke up about an hour later and talked to her dad. We went back to her dorm and I cleaned up her place before lying down in bed next to her.
"I'm sorry." She said softly.
"Stop that. Stop apologizing. Please. I'm sorry I wasn't there, my love. Also, I found a house for us. Me and your dad looked for it. Uh, it's near the campus. I hope you like it. "

She smiled, pulling me close to her chest.
"I'm sure I'll love it."
"I love you."
"I love you too. I love you so much." She said running her hands through my hair.
We skipped our classes for the day and just spent it together. I showed her the pictures of the house we'd looked at and she loved it. Thankfully.

••••