Aurelia's POV:

One year ago. The day we first kissed.

Being called into the dean's office was not on my list of things I'd be doing today.
"Aurelia. Have a seat."
The dean's voice was cold, unlike how chipper he usually sounded.
"Is everything okay, sir? I don't quite understand why I've been called here today. "
" I'm unsure if you're aware, Ms. Gray. But, there have been some rumors about you and my son... I need to understand if it's true. "
" I'm sorry but I'm not aware of these rumors. "
" There was a party last week and as per my understanding, you were present there along with my son and uh... How do I put this? You were spotted... Making out, for lack of a better word. Other rumors stated that you also... Slept with him. "
" Wow."
I never thought he would stoop this low. All because I beat him in that quiz. Piece of shit.

"Do you have anything to say?"
"Sir, I'm sorry that these rumors have caused you trouble. They are not true. Your son is not my type. I'm sorry. I am aware of who has spread these rumors and I want to take care of it myself. If you'll let me. I would appreciate it if you trust me when I tell you that nothing happened between me and your son. I want you to let me take care of this, Sir."
" Okay, Ms. Gray. You have been an exceptional student at Harvard but I do not want you to be getting into trouble. I hope you understand. "
I nodded and stood up.
" Have a good day, Sir. "
He smiled and gestured for me to go out.

I walked out and walked straight to Hawthorne's dorm. He is the biggest piece of shit I have ever met.
I knocked harshly on his door.
"You piece of shit," I said, pushing past him and entering his stinky dorm as soon as he opened the door.
"As much as I love your sudden appearance in my bedroom, Gray, I have no idea what you're talking about."
He walked to his bedside table but I stood in front of the door.
"Really, Hawthorne? You fucking told everyone I slept with Jacob? Are you insane? I was called into the dean's office because of these miserable rumors. Just because you lost that stupid quiz doesn't mean you get to do shit like this. "

His back was turned to me but he looked at me over his shoulder as he picked up something from his table. He turned around but didn't say a word.
"First you were jealous of Landon and now you're jealous you lost. How pathetic are you, Hawthorne?"
" If only you knew, Aurelia. I'm only pathetic when it comes to your miserable face. "
" CAN YOU FUCKING TALK TO ME LIKE A NORMAL PERSON INSTEAD OF GOING AND DOING SOME BULLSHIT? YOU ARE DRIVING ME INSANE. "

" GODDAMN IT, AURELIA. DO YOU NOT SEE THAT IT HURTS ME? IT PAINS ME TO SEE YOU FLIRT WITH RANDOM WHORES AT PARTIES." He said, storming closer to me, " YOU DRIVE ME CRAZY AND YOU DON'T EVEN REALIZE IT. DO YOU EVEN REALIZE WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO ME? DO YOU THINK IT'S FUCKING EASY FOR ME TO SEE YOU? TO WATCH YOU KNOWING YOU WILL NEVER BE MINE?" He was so close to me now, that I could smell the mint in his breath. His eyes were red as he looked down into mine,
"TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT THEN," I yelled.
He just continued staring at me, I don't know if he was unable to speak or if he just didn't want to.
I shook my head and started walking away until I felt his strong grip on my arm and he pulled me back.
"I hate you, Aurelia. " He said, just before kissing me. His hand went to my throat and his thumb pressed my throat as his fingers pushed me closer to him, making our kiss even deeper. I moaned softly when his other hand slipped behind my back, holding me as though he never wanted to let me go. My chest was pressed against his and my hands moved to his hair, afraid I'd fall if I didn't hold something.
He pulled away after what felt like half an hour.
He was breathing heavily as he looked at me, his cheeks flushed.
He laughed nervously for a moment before pulling me in to kiss me again. His hands moved to my ass and he squeezed it gently, I wrapped my legs around his waist and he moved me up, tilting his head up to kiss me. He carried me over to his bed and laid me down, kissing my neck and collarbone slowly before coming back up and kissing me. I turned my face away from him.
"Is something wrong?"
"No..."
He leaned away and sat back on his knees, interlocking his fingers together and looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed.
"I'm sorry."
"Why?"
"I've said a lot of shit to you, Aurelia."
"I-this was a mistake."
"Why?"
" Because we hate each other. "
" I have never seen someone so... Beautiful. So bold. And someone so obviously wrong for me. If you are my downfall, Aurelia, I don't mind. But just be aware that I could treat you better than anyone else but yes, I agree, this was a mistake. We- we hate each other... Don't we?"
" You're the one who kissed me. "
" I can hate you and still want to chain you to my bed for days and fuck you in every hole." He laughed, "I  didn't think I had this much fight left in me until I met you, Aurelia. You make me so crazy, I'm always tempted to kiss the everliving fuck out of you."
" Stop giving me mixed signals, Aaron. I'm fucking tired of the same bullshit and your flirting every day."
He inhaled sharply.
" What? " I asked.
" Nothing. That- that's the first time you've called me by my name. "
" This was a mistake, Hawthorne. I hate you. Just forget this happened."
" Why is that? Why do you lie to yourself?"
" I-"
"Why, Aurelia? Are you scared of the way I make you feel because you don't want to fucking feel anything? Are you too accustomed to being used like the fucking slut you are? "
" And you wonder why I hate you. " I said, getting up and walking away again. This time he didn't drag me back.

"You are incapable of feeling anything except lust, Aaron. I hope you find someone who can satisfy your needs and not be called a slut for doing so."

That was the moment I started truly hating Aaron Hawthorne.