Early in the morning, the servants who were tired of traveling came back from villages scattered all over the country.

Yesterday they rushed out of the city before the county seat was closed, and returned to the city immediately after the city gate opened, wearing stars and moonlight, eating in the wind and drinking in the dew.

Zuo Anli and the others were still in class, so these people protected their bags and went to wash up first, so as not to scare a few delicate children with their unkempt appearance.

Bai Jin got the quartz sand and other items he was looking for, and after asking the system to confirm that it was correct, his eyebrows were filled with joy.

Zuo Anli waved his hand and gave out an eye-catching reward without hesitation.

This move not only inspired the servants who went out to find stones, they secretly vowed that if there is such a task next time, they will definitely complete it more seriously.

It also made those who didn't go secretly regret it. If they had known there were such benefits, they shouldn't have disliked it and ran away faster.

Bai Jin didn't care what these people were thinking behind their backs. After he got the thing, he took Zuo Anli's hand and went to the craftsman to test it.

Dong Zhen stopped them: "Where are you going?"

Bai Jin remained unmoved: "A secret."

Dong Zhen curled his lips. He was not interested in these things. He asked symbolically and went back to take a nap.

He still has to maintain his energy to finish his afternoon study, and he will definitely surpass Zuo Anli and Bai Jin!

Chu Tianzhi found a couch and fell asleep long ago, lying there with his mouth shut until his bones were soft.

*

The bright and dazzling sunlight reflected Bai Jin's face, which was as shiny as white jade, and also illuminated his excellent mood.

"Next time, just let me go alone. If you don't take a nap often, be careful not to grow taller!" Bai Jin laughed and was in the mood to threaten Zuo Anli.

Zuo Anli glanced at him sideways, and although he didn't say anything else, he didn't say anything.

Bai Jin considered the height difference between himself and Zuo Anli, and the good mood he felt just now dissipated.

"How could this be? I'm older than you and I've been eating well lately, so how can I be shorter than you?" He sighed sadly.

Zuo Anli didn't even know why he was so obsessed with height.

Bai Jin thought about it for a long time and finally arrived at the place where the craftsmen were working.

Zuo Anli had already arranged everything needed, and was just waiting for Bai Jin to direct them to do things.

Bai Jin couldn't help but sigh in his heart, in the evil feudal society, high status meant it was easy to do things, and he had fallen.

Because making glass requires a high-temperature furnace, they borrowed the blacksmithing workshop in the county government office.

Iron products are subject to strict supervision by the government, and blacksmiths are naturally included in this.

Under the watchful eyes of the two men, the craftsman put quartz sand, pure silica, and silicon dioxide into a high-temperature furnace for firing, while the fire snake licked the bottom of the furnace.

The temperature of firewood is not high enough to reach the melting point. These blacksmiths have long known that, so they use coal.

Bai Jin stared at the small black stones, and something flashed through his mind, but his attention was all on the powder that was about to liquefy, and he didn't have time to grasp this fleeting inspiration.