eight-year-old child had supplemented his nutrition and had grown to the height of his mother's chest. Yes, Mrs. Zuo felt a little melancholy.

The child cannot help his mother.

The sun is like fire, scorching the earth.

None of it could withstand the heat in Bai Jin's heart.

He thought that there were still mostly good people in this world. Whether it was Aunt Qian who helped him, Brother Dayong, or now Mrs. Zuo, they were all willing to lend a helping hand to him.

He quickened his pace to go to the largest teahouse in the county.

In ancient times, there were also requirements for litigation. It would not be accepted during non-agricultural slack periods, abnormal weather, official business trips, handovers, and holidays.

Rounding off, the time that ordinary people can actually file a lawsuit is only a little over thirty days.

Of course, vicious criminal cases are excluded.

Bai Jin happened to hit the slack time, but he also believed that his case was a criminal case. Boss Bai can be regarded as the boss, and he has witness evidence, why not sue?

Mrs. Zhang was sitting in the lobby of the teahouse, waiting impatiently. The vague glances of other people made her very uneasy.

The suffering finally eased when she waited for her child, and she could only draw strength and security from Bai Jin.

Her children, who grew tougher than weeds, would not let her down either.

Bai Jin held Mrs. Zhang's hand, her eyes were firm, and she said without hesitation: "Mother, let's go."

The last time, Ms. Zhang was a helpless woman struggling in pain, surrounded by wolves, without anyone's help. help.

Even the young slave, because of his timid and cowardly nature, could not support his mother. Can you blame a ten year old?

It is never the victim who should be blamed and hated. But those perpetrators who are greedy, vicious, and narrow-minded.

The yamen is open to the people who come and go. The new county magistrate has only been here for more than ten days. People around him more or less know that this magistrate is a good magistrate who is responsible, confident, and well-planned.

Even the yamen guard standing guard at the door became more energetic, and the entire yamen took on a new look.

Zhang was a little stunned, and she couldn't even react.

Bai Jin took her hand and walked up to the yamen servant, shouting crisply: "Brother yamen servant, I will bring my mother to handle the lawsuit."

The yamen servant was surprised that there were any property disputes or emotional conflicts in their small and remote county. Usually, the problem is solved by going to the village chief or Li Zheng.

Most people are afraid of officials, and few come to the county government.

He always felt that the woman following the child was familiar, but he couldn't remember where he had seen her before.

Ms. Zhang didn't intend to squat behind the child all the time. She walked out and said word by word: "I'm here to sue the child's uncle. He bought the child to kill others!"

The cold tone and slightly trembling cheeks could be seen in front of her eyes. The woman's restlessness.

The yamen servant finally remembered who this person was from his rusty memory. Wasn't she the poor woman who was wrongly accused by the confused county magistrate?

He could see how cunning that rogue was. There was no such ruffian in any village who was looking for trouble. It's a pity that he is just a government servant who has to give orders from above, so he has no choice but to obey them for the sake of the whole family.

"The county magistrate this time is a good man." The Yamen servant could only say this sentence with unclear meaning.

Bai Jin quickly bent down and thanked him: "Thank you, brother Yamen, for reminding me."

Mrs. Zhang also bowed.

Magistrate Zuo had been handling official business in the high hall. He was a little surprised to see Bai Jin. After understanding his purpose, he pulled out a piece of paper and gave it to him: "You have to write me a pleading - can you write it?"

Bai Jin nodded: " I can."

If there are people who are illiterate, this step will be troublesome for the county magistrate's master or the county magistrate.

After he had written down everything that had happened, County Magistrate Zuo accepted his petition, and the case was recorded with the government, which was equivalent to "registration."

He dug out the scrawled handling details of the previous county magistrate from the file, held his forehead and sighed.

"Don't worry, we may have to wait until tomorrow to finish this matter completely."

Magistrate Zuo sent officers to arrest the defendant and related persons, as well as collect the evidence provided by Bai Jin, which all took time.

Bai Jin nodded to express his understanding. Zhang was unable to say anything and could only look at him with relief and worry.

"Let your mother stay at the county government office tonight. There is a room in the back." County Magistrate Zuo said.

Bai Jin waved his hand: "No need to trouble the county magistrate, mother can stay in my room."

Mrs. Zhang also agreed, and she did not dare to trouble the official.

Magistrate Zuo raised his eyebrows: "What about you?"

Bai Jin was dumbfounded.

Unexpectedly, a familiar Qingyue voice suddenly came from the small door: "He lives with me."

The author has something to say:

Xiao Zuo, you are really not polite

to point your fingers.jpg

Litigation in ancient times was very painful and difficult. Most people would not have the courage to file a lawsuit if they were not forced into a desperate situation. Unlike modern times, you can still hire a lawyer, and the case can be accepted even if you are not present.