Bai Jin burst into tears: "Thank you, Madam!" He was quite happy that she was as gentle and approachable as his mother.

Mrs. Zuo watched Bai Jin leave and asked Zuo Anli next to her: "Are you satisfied with the book boy I chose for you?"

Zuo Anli replied respectfully: "My child will obey your mother's arrangements." Can't choose? The mistakes are also boring.

"You really are becoming less and less cute as you grow older." Mrs. Zuo sighed.

Erlang, who was holding her feet, shouted in a sweet voice: "Mom, don't be angry, Erlang is cute!"

"Yes, I still have my Erlang."

When the magistrate Zuo returned home, he happened to see this scene of a loving mother and a filial son. He walked over and hugged Erlang into his arms, "Oh, it's a lot heavier!"

Erlang pouted and ignored him angrily.

Magistrate Zuo asked his wife: "How about the book boy chosen for Da Lang?"

Mrs. Zuo thought about it for a moment and replied slowly: "He is a good boy who is gentle, polite, intelligent and alert, but his family should be very poor."

"This is not the case . The question is, who would be willing to be a book boy for your children if they were not poor? "

" That's right. " Who's child will not grow up in the hands of his parents?

"Let's check his origins again. I hope things like what happened in the capital won't happen again."

Mrs. Zuo was silent, forcing a smile and twitching the corners of her lips: "Yeah."

Children from poor families are often easily manipulated, and the emperor The art emphasizes balance, and the children of poor families are like a knife in the emperor's hand.

The emperor would not allow one party to grow stronger, and now he very much wanted to weaken the aristocratic family, so he opened up favors, promoted children from poor families, and suppressed aristocratic families.

However, aristocratic families are not so easily weakened. Children from poor families are often co-opted and suppressed, and now that in-law relationships are prevalent, this phenomenon is even more serious.

Take County Magistrate Zuo as an example. He is from a poor family, but his wife comes from a noble family.

The former scholar was from a noble family, and he committed a terrible deed to murder Zuo Anli, which scared the whole family to pieces. The wife of County Magistrate Zuo didn't particularly trust her family, so she decided to find a suitable book boy in the county town.

Others look down on students from remote areas, but County Magistrate Zuo is informal. He thinks that the book boy just accompanies Zuo Anli to study, and his family's elder brother will not stop studying seriously without a good book boy.

*

Bai Jin put the rice and meat into the basket on his back, covered it with a white cloth as when he came, and returned home happily.

Such a big piece of pork has a lot of fat. Although he doesn't like eating it, it can be used for frying. The fried lard is particularly fragrant for cooking, and he also has soap.

Bai Jin had always wanted to make soap, one of the legendary time travel tools. When he burned the vegetation to ashes, mixed it with water and precipitated it to make clear water, and was about to experiment, he was dumbfounded.

He has no oil!

He is so poor that even he has very little oil and water on his body.

In fact, there were toiletries such as soap and bath beans in ancient times, but those things were made of precious spices and pearls and jade chips. They were quite luxurious and were used by ordinary eunuchs, let alone ordinary people. Sorry.