Bai Jin knocked on the door and said sweetly: "Aunt, are you still busy? I've brought you some snacks."

The children gathered around, and Aunt Qian said in surprise: "It's Qingnu, come quickly Come and sit down. Erya, go to the main room and bring me a stool."

Seeing him handing out steamed buns to the little boy at home, she frowned and said with disapproval, "What are you doing?"

She knew the mother-in-law was having a hard time. , life is hard now, if you don’t tighten your belt to get by, why do you use the remaining grain to steam white flour steamed buns? This kid is just the head of the family and doesn’t know how expensive firewood, rice, oil and salt are. It will not be easy for him in the future.

Aunt Qian stopped the younger ones in the family from reaching for food. She was the elder, and children didn't know how to live. She couldn't be shameless and refused to teach people principles, so she broke down the methods of diligence and thrift to Bai Jin.

Bai Jin: "..."

He said dumbfounded: "Auntie, I would like to ask you to take care of my mother. I plan to follow Brother Dayong and the others to the provincial capital this afternoon. Don't I have to rely on you then? I can't let her Are you working hard in vain?"

Aunt Qian's family's field is not far from the backyard. Most of the men in the family are tending the crops. If anything happens, you can call them back if you use your legs quickly.

Aunt Qian waved her hands and said nonchalantly: "They are all from the village. It depends on the individual. What else to eat is just a matter of raising your head. Take it back."

Looking at her stern face, Bai Jin was sure that she was not pretending to refuse. The politeness ruined this rare friendship, so he said with a grateful face: "Thank you, aunt!"

Alas, it turns out that distant relatives are not as good as close neighbors.

Here he has settled the ownership of his mother, and over there Brother Dayong and a dozen of them are ready.

Even the trails are not peaceful these days. There are not many fierce bandits, but there are also many evil people. Not to mention taking pictures of children, even adults can drag them away to the mountains for mining. It's not like this has never happened in villages ten miles away.

From then on, we made an appointment in several nearby villages. We had to go out together in groups, and the time was set. When the time came, we would all have someone to look after us on the way. No matter how ruthless those people are, they can't drag so many people away together. When more than a dozen families start making trouble, the mastermind behind the scenes will never have an easy time.

Population is the most important aspect of a county's magistrate's performance.

Bai Jin is a ten-and-a-half-year-old child with a fair face and ungrown baby fat on his cheeks. It's so tender that it looks like green bamboo shoots just growing out of the ground, and you can squeeze out water with just a pinch.

He is still childish and good-looking. If it weren't for the pregnancy mark on his forehead, many people would believe that he is a brother.

Brother Dayong came over and helped him block many obscure glances. He is a hunter and goes to the county town all year round to sell some game. He said that there is nothing wrong with the leader of the dozen or so people now.

Bai Jin smiled at him and lowered his voice: "Brother Dayong, thank you."

Brother Dayong sighed, feeling sympathy for Bai Jin who lost his father at a young age. He nodded to him and urged them to hurry up. Hurry up and try to come back before the city gate closes under curfew.