Andrew and Adrain

In the ghostly hours, Adrian heard some noises from outside his door. "Who might that be?" he wondered. He checked the time, and it was 2 in the morning. Adrian hadn't slept deeply due to hunger and was about to go out, but upon hearing the sound, he cautiously stepped outside.

He saw the kitchen lights turned on and approached the kitchen. Inside, Andrew was searching around the cabinets, probably for food too. Adrian let out a sigh of relief and sneaked toward Andrew.

"What are you looking for?" he whispered near him, which startled Andrew, causing him to slightly scream. But Adrian quickly covered his mouth. Andrew's eyes widened in shock, while Adrian just stared at him with adoration.

"Do you want to wake them up?" Adrian asked, and Andrew shook his head. Adrian took a few steps back. "I don't think there is anything to eat. I searched everywhere but couldn't find anything. They finished it all," Andrew explained.

"Let's eat out then. I saw a 24-hour store nearby while we were coming. We can get something to snack on at least and then go out for breakfast tomorrow morning. What do you say?" Adrian suggested.

"But I am not ready. I am in my PJs, so that's a bit embarrassing," Andrew said, pointing at his state. Adrian took a look at Andrew from head to toe.

"What are you talking about? You look cute," Adrian snickered and left the kitchen, leaving a flustered Andrew. "Cute?" Andrew whispered. "Are you coming?" Adrian came back and asked. "Yeah!" Andrew replied.

After purchasing some snacks, Adrian suggested they eat outside in the sitting area where chairs and a table were arranged. "It is so quiet at night," Andrew said, starting to eat. "Yeah, even the ocean waves sound so relaxing. I'll have a good sleep after this," Adrian remarked, joining him in eating.

After a brief moment of silence, Andrew questioned, "How do you know Ivy? You guys seem close." "She is like a sister to me. I met her through my real sister. What about you and Tyler?" Adrian asked. "I was hired by his mother, our boss, to be with him all the time, like a shadow," Andrew answered and chuckled.

Adrian looked at Andrew and said, "You're doing a good job at that," while ruffling his hair. Andrew was too stunned to speak.

"It's nice to have company with a new person once in a while. I don't usually meet anyone except Ivy or her roommate," Adrian said and opened a can of cold drink, passing it to Andrew first. Andrew looked at the can and then at Adrian. "Take it! I opened it for you," Adrian said, offering it to him.

"Yeah, it is good to have company who is not here to talk only about work. Most of the time I socialize through meetings and conferences," Andrew said, sipping his drink.

"Aren't I... supposed to be a colleague too?" Adrian asked. "Technically, you are, but you feel much closer than just colleagues," Andrew answered bluntly, later realizing he actually spoke instead of just thinking his words.

He looked at Adrian, who was already blushing. "I meant to say that we aren't just colleagues but also friends now," Andrew clarified. "Yeah! We are friends," Adrian agreed.

Both awkwardly sipped on their drinks, and a weird vibe had already occurred. Friends? Maybe, but their awkwardness did not match their label. It was as awkward as two teenagers sitting with their crush. They were more than just colleagues but not exactly friends. ;)