Black Flag Rescue

Narrator: The Clover Kingdom... In this place where the be all end all is magic, there is one boy who can't use it. His name is Asta. His strength, desire, guts and overwhelming determination to best his childhood friends and rivals helped him become a Magic Knight. And though his situation is practically unheard of, there are a few within the Clover Kingdom that share his plight in having tiny amounts of mana but can barely use any spells at all. These people make up a very small minority, forced to live their lives in the shadows.

We see a man walking with a cane before he cruelly falls down, the cause more than likely from exhaustion but he doesn't waver, picking up his walking aid and marching forward.

But like everyone else, they do their best to survive until the next day's approach.

Marie Adlai finds herself waking up in a place.... that wasn't her usual sleeping arrangements at the church back in Nean. Instead of a window with the sun beaming down on the ten year old kid, she was subjected to the borderline view of jars with various dead creatures in them.... her focus was heavy, eyes droopy but her hearing was sharpened as the unmistakable sound of footsteps were engrained into her tiny ears...

Marie: Where.. where am I? What am I doing here, who are you people? WAIT, I remember!

Secre: I see you're finally awake, kid.

She turns to find a frowning but almost worried Secre Swallowtail, also known as Nero to the Black Bulls who like Marie is chained up.

Marie: It's you. You're friends with Asta, Tyrus and my brother, Gauche!

Secre: Yes. My name is Nero. Our magic has been sealed so we have no means of escaping so we're their prisoners. And I borrowed a tracking device from Asta but they figured out that a signal was being traced from it and wound up taking it too.

Marie: Miss Nero, who kidnapped us? Do you know who these people are?

Secre: I wish I could say. The only thing this girl and I have in common is our attachment to the Black Bulls and we were accused of working with the devil. If I had to wager, they're probably planning to use us as a means of leverage somehow....

Upstairs, Kabwe Carillon, ex-Magic Parliament Guard under Damnatio Kira and co-founder of the Devil Banisher puts his mask on, smirking as he knew time was running short on Marie and Secre's lives.

Kabwe: This is all for the sake of justice.

Alongside him were his two main co-conspirators and founders, Dazu Tayak and Bow Nocde.

Dazu: Yes, truly, Master Kabwe. It's our responsibility to rid this Kingdom of the influence of devil's evil servants and rebuild what they decimated. It shall be done, by any and all means necessary.

A vile smirk paints across the devastated widow's face.... she was going to avenge her deceased loved one's deaths even should it come at the cost of her own life. But she was going to make sure she would take Marie, Secre and... Asta the magic-less Black Bull with her to the grave if she anything to say about it!

The time is 11:35 in the morning in the Common Realm town of Lehart which is situated near the ocean but even closer to the Kingdom's borders walls. The cheering had been non-stop and had only intensified with each passing second and minute. The reason? Two simaulteanous public executions, of Black Bull Secre Swallowtail better known her to the squad as Nero and Black Bull Gauche Adlai's younger sister Marie were set to occur within thirty minutes at the hands of the rogue faction known as the Devil Banishers based on the belief Secre and Marie had been in league with the now deceased devil Zagred after the Eye of the Midnight Sun totaled parts of the Clover Kingdom.... but these dual public murders were set to also have another purpose... luring out the devil possessed Black Bull known as Asta. Unbeknownst to the Banishers, many Magic Knights have infiltrated the town. At one part of the town, you had the superstar trio of Black Bulls in Asta, Tyrus Hail and Noelle Silva all disguised as commoners of Lehart their gears completely hidden underneath their get ups as they hid in the shadows.