Ch 12: Bloody Confrontation

Vote targets: 25 

Thud. Thud. Thud.

My heartbeat in an unnatural rhythm, as if it wanted to jump out of my ribcage. I came back and threw myself on my bed, wanting to sleep off and forget what I heard, the mystery I gathered from Mrs. Siyara. I was not ready to step into the world.

My Nap turned into a deep sleep while my phone was bombarded with missed calls from my friends especially from Kartik. I woke up when he burst open the door which made a loud sound when it hit the wall, I never lock the door of my room, i don't like staying in a locked room, it feels like I'm back to my childhood in a cell.

He shouted on the top of his voice saying, "You bastard did you die in your sleep? I called you 47 times from my phone even Mathew called you 13 times!!" I looked up at him rubbing my eyes trying to digest what he said. "I even tried calling you from Araddha's phone! We were already there as you said you will drive yourself, blud I thought you died so I had to rush here to have a check on you only to see you are sleeping like a kumbhakaran"

The word Araddha stuck me somewhere on my brain, body denied to go but brain said something's fishy, what is she doing there? I was thinking to myself when Kartik shouted again "Abey tu scientist baan gya kya din me zyada tr apne hi khayalo me doob arehta kya experiment krra??" "Araddha kya krri udhar?" I said with no 2nd thought.
[Hey did you become a scientist always busy in your own thoughts of experiments?]
[What is Araddha doing there]

"How will I know?" Said Kartik carelessly
I pushed him out of my room, put on my black shirt, washed my face and messed up my hair a bit, and took my keys and hurried outside.

"Get into my car princess" said Kartik laughing
I rolled my eyes and ignored him. Then we headed to our destination.

I tried to search for Araddha, but suddenly felt a hand near my neck, a drunk girl. I pushed her hand down. I don't come to these places because girls here mostly are of this mannerless drunks girls.

I noticed Araddha, she was there with her friends I guess. I saw her getting drunk wanted to interrupt but then I sighted Ethan Silverado, on the race track. He glared at me. "Ethan Silverado vs Mathew" said Kartik understanding my instincts.

The two team supporters were on the either side of the audience seats. Mathew was Kartik's friends so of course we were at his side. And i was not astonished to see Araddha at Ethan's side.

The race commenced. Both drivers smoothly navigated the first drift around the turn. However, Ethan's car faltered on the second turn, unable to maintain a smooth drift and ultimately crashed.

Does Mathews team won the race and Ethan last after that there was a chaos at Ethan's side people, we all went there and I got to know that there was a bet on girls!? if any of the team wins they will get the captain's girlfriend!! And Ethan declared Araddha as his girlfriend!? Wait!? What? I knew I had to take quick action because I could see Araddha's face washed with fear, it became too much for her to digest probably.

"Excuse me!" I exclaimed loudly, trying to get Stefano's attention as he attempted to pull Araddha by her hands. "Don't you dare touch her," I growled, my anger simmering beneath the surface. Stefano smirked, taunting, "Oh, you fancy the girl? Too bad, Ethan claimed her as his girlfriend. Tonight, we'll have our fun, so just chill, bro. We'll share." My jaw clenched, fury coursing through me at his callous words. But I held back, breathing deeply to calm myself, knowing that losing my temper wouldn't help Araddha. Yet, the injustice of it all burned within me like a relentless fire.

"Actually, Araddha isn't Ethan's girlfriend. He's just using her to cope with losing the race," I clarified, my voice steady despite the seething anger bubbling beneath the surface. "I didn't ask for your input, and I already told you we'll share. Why are you getting all worked up?" Stefano retorted sarcastically, his tone dripping with contempt as he continued his attempt to pull Araddha away. My fists clenched involuntarily, the urge to punch him square in the nose nearly overwhelming. But I fought to maintain my composure. I swiftly grabbed Stefano's hand before he could make a move, my voice firm and jaw clenched in frustration. "I already warned you, don't you dare lay a finger on her. Are you deaf or something?" I shot back, my tone edged with irritation. Stefano, unfazed, responded with a dismissive tone, "Who is she, fam? Did she tell you?" Kartik seemed poised to intervene, but I cut him off. "She's my girl, I mean my niece. And whoever she is, she's under my protection. If you even think about touching her again, you'll face the consequences," I declared, my restraint barely masking the intense desire to unleash my fury on Stefano.

As my warning fell on deaf ears, a surge of fury coursed through my veins. Without hesitation, I lashed out, my fist connecting with Stefano's face with a sickening crack, breaking his nose. Blood spurted forth, painting the air crimson as pain contorted his features. In a flash, his friends leaped to his defense, surrounding me like a pack of wolves closing in on their prey. Adrenaline fueling every move, I fought back with a ferocity born of desperation, each strike fueled by a potent mix of rage and determination.

But suddenly there was a suffocating smoke surrounding the whole place and all visions were blurred. I held Araddha's hand strongly then some really strong hands pulled both of us out of the place.