11 𓇼 I'm Sorry, I'm New to Kidnapping 🥺👉👈

The twilight breeze combed along the silky strands of his hair, the threads that wove to create that mop crowning him blending in with the hood his leather gloves hands skillfully slipped over his head before he stepped into the setting sun. Taking care to not allow the faint moonlight beginning to sprout in the garden of the sky to dance on his skin. The guards that bordered him as they escorted his step out to the same carriage that waited for him. The same that would take him to that damp room. Those dark corridors. The lonely echo of his own footsteps, he...

Who were those people last night? Were they real? Or were they nothing more than some sick dream? Some hallucination his curse decided to conjure up to lure him into a pleasant sleep, while that monster gripped hold of him once again. And that man, with the pale skin, his golden eyes like the sunrise that washes Felix's soul back to shore, like the glimmering of magic from the celestial beings and the astral Gods as if they had heard his prayers for his debt to be repaid.  Maybe they were nothing more than that. An insignificant sign. A fleeting dream.

He  climbed up into his typical spot in the carriage. On the front facing seats, scrunched up against the corner to hide himself away from the moon wishing to take a peek once more at what it owned. Property of a celestial body he would never know. That he would never see. Ensuring he could stay concealed as he kept his head tipped down to the dusty floors of the carriage only cleaned by his own footprints repetitively stepping into the same position every night on repeat. On loop. He knew the carriage moved, he felt the rumbling of the ground under the wheels, the beats of the horse's hooves, but he never knew what path it was they took.

Those evenings were silent too. While most of his days remained spent in an uncomfortable quiet, the evening was always the worse. Although he was supposedly a Prince, he had never felt more trapped than he was then.

He set his head against the wall, taking care to cover the bottom of his face with his hood to seal himself off from the midnight. His eyes slowly slotting close as he attempting to find some solace of a rest that continuously escaped from his grasp.

Sinking into his seat as the carriage moved on the trails. Rocking and bumping along at the steady pace it always maintained.

Gradually, drifting off as his mind escaped from him.

Languidly slipping down.

Away.

Farther.

Thud.

A loud clamor from outside filled his eardrums instead. The pounding of a horse's hooves beside them that corralled the carriage to pick up speed. The voices of his guards shouting at someone, or something that had spooked the horses drawing the carriage.

Then, the clanging of metal blades that slammed against one another.

Above him on the roof of the carriage.

Thump thump thump thump

Barely, given enough time to slip back in his seat far enough to not be reached by the moonlight and to grip the hilt of the dagger he kept tucked underneath his cloak as the door ripped open and a body dropped inside.

A man, with scrawled hair that curled and twisted with charcoal burnt ends hiding the richness of a chestnut that radiated in the moonlight. Sharp eyes, high cheekbones, though half of his face was concealed behind a bandana covering the lower half. A loose poet's blouse that had the faint scent of salt water clung to it's threads, trousers that fit him snuggly, a well kept set of boots, he wasn't armed in any sense of the word yet he still kicked the carriage door open and slid himself inside the main cabin haphazardly. The flurry of limbs, shirt, and sweats underneath the strangers breath enough to cause the Prince to recoil as his heart banged inside of his chest. Felix unsheathed his dagger as the unknown stranger clumsily slid into the seat adjacent to his, "Who are you?!"