1 𓇼 Do Not Seek Absolution

This story is about Seungin (Obviously), however because of plot reasons we'll figure out very quickly, their relationship is confusing and muddled. Because of that there will be more focus on side ships such as

𖠳 ᐝ ꕀ Chanlix
𖠳 ᐝ ꕀ Changjin/Hyunbin (?)
𖠳 ᐝ ꕀ Minsung (the OGs)

This story starts off strong but its more fun and lighthearted, I swear this time I want this one to be NOT NEARLY as serious as Orpheus but still with a bit of plot

With that said, Enjoy!

Forewarning: Earthquakes? Drowning? Being isekaied unwillingly???

The rain had been falling gently since early that morning. Pattering against the sidewalks and buildings of his university's campus, staining them deepened colors with the translucent blood pouring from the clouds. People passed by, underneath the downpour with unexpected urgency; Friends that held hands tightly together to sprint from cover to cover in hopes to salvage their outfits from soaking through, the occasional loner that hustled in lowered jogs underneath a backpack held above their head in some pathetic attempt to shield themselves from the water dotting the world with it's hands, the professors and businessmen who wandered by their neatly done suit and tie with umbrellas held tightly above their heads. There was an innocent quality to the rain, a purity that washed the world of its sins away, the coziness of a blanket laid over any wounds in the earth.

Petrichor swayed in the evening atmosphere. The musty scent of soaked concrete, overturning dirt, and coagulating pools of congealed filth the student discarded from unemptied soda cans behind corners their crimes wouldn't be seen, climbing up into his nostrils as he inhaled the humid summer storm deep within his lungs. He always loved the rain, but these summer storms? Drawn out, murky, marshy, sludging through the endless floods they created with swampy aptitude, thunder that clapped warnings of foreboding distance in the foreground, was any of that fun? No. He did not enjoy summer storms, and preferably, he wouldn't be out in this sultry weather if he absolutely didn't need to be.

Jeongin fumbled with the umbrella in his trembling hands, the digits soaked through with the spit wads of rain slamming into his face despite the cover of the math building's awning above his head. He swore rapidly under his breath, teeth chattering together and lips quivering as they began to grow as frozen as a popsicle with no hopes of defrosting. With each curse tossed vehemently at the cheap excuse of protection from the barrage of a storm, his fingers slipped off the plastic mechanism. He tried to push the slot up, only for him to trail behind clumps of useless rain water on every inch of his already drenched umbrella pooling water in the rivets of fabric meant to keep him dry. Not that it had been doing it's job, seeing as how the tips of his hair strands were dripping with water more frequently than a crumbling weir in an agricultural field.

Upon having no success in opening the umbrella, Jeongin grunted a frustrated note, tucked the cheap plastic away underneath his arm, shielded his eyes, and took off across the way to reach his destination. Not that his intended checkpoint was all too far from him in the first place, vying to barge into the university's library across the quad section, but avoiding the pelting shower would have been preferable. His clothes not being soggy, clingy, carrying enough rain to stick to him like a second skin and even worse chill him to his bones when he stepped inside of the air conditioned library, would have been nice but alas, he couldn't seem to avoid even that much today.

As he stepped inside of the library, already pinpointing a destination on a quiet corner tucked off in the back of the third floor in his mind to finish his research, the phone inside of his denim coat pocket began to rapidly buzz. Trembling and vibrating with a ferociousness he would have been convinced that the phone itself had caught a sickness from being in the rain. If not for the sudden spam of notifications. He hooked his umbrella on his forearm, tapping on his phone screen to his home screen background of him and the familiar mop of auburn brown hair that had fallen asleep on his chest in his bed, suppressing the tiny smile that picture always managed to bring to his face as he opened up the notifications.