"Yo, Sera and I were thinking of going to that new arthouse film on Sunday, you wanna come?"

"You wanna go to the movies with me and Sera?"

"Dude, where are you?"

"Have you gone off the face of the earth again?"

"Honestly next time, let me know beforehand cuz this stuff stresses me out"

You read through Adam's texts feeling guilty, but before you could reply, Sera's texts started streaming in as well.

"Hey bae, wanna go to the movies this weekend? Adam is coming too"

"Hey, movies, this weekend? You, me, Adam?"

"Yes"

"No?"

"Maybe?"

"y/n?"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm getting kinda worried here"

"Pls reply asap"

'So Adam says it's "normal" for you to disappear now and then, but I'm not feeling it"

"If you don't reply within 5 hours I will take action!"

"Okay I'm calling"

"Pls pick up"

"Omg girl pls, you're making me nervous now"

"y/n"

"Okay so I called my mom to contact Mr. Hwang cuz that's the only other person I know that knows you"

"Okay, so he told my mom that apparently you're fine and you're just on a trip right now. I hope you're enjoying yourself cuz imma kill you when you get back dude"

You bit your lip, feeling a deep pit of guilt in your stomach. How had you forgotten to tell them? You felt like such an asshole. No, you were such an asshole. Instantly you dialed Sera's number and put your phone to your ear.

'If I could wish to have one superpower right now, it would be to pull you through the phone and smack yo ass until you can't walk for a month,' Sera's voice shouted through the phone. You weren't sure whether to laugh at her remark.

'Sera, I'm so s-,' you began, not getting to finish your sentence.

'Yeah, yeah, I know, you're sorry. And you better be,' she continued lecturing you, but the way she continued to speak let you know she wasn't as angry as she pretended to be. 'You probably cost me a few years of my life, I think I even sprouted some gray hairs from the stress. But I guess that just gives me another excuse to dye my hair again,' she said, clicking her tongue.

'I'm genuinely sorry, Sera,' you said seriously, but smiling because of her remark. 'The thing is...' you began, 'I never really had friends like you and Adam before, so I'm not used to letting people know where I'm going and stuff,' you said unsure, fiddling with the strap of your bag as your eyes stared blindly at the softly waving grass.

'It's okay,' Sera responded, her voice even softer now. 'I'm just happy that nothing bad happened to you.' You laughed.

'Well, being surrounded by eight guys all the time, it's kinda hard to have something happen to me at all,' you chuckled.

'Yeah, I guess so,' Sera responded with a snicker. 'But tell me about your trip,' she urged you, 'Adam told me that you rarely go anywhere at all.'

'Erm, yeah. I recently went on holiday for the first time,' you said, smiling while thinking back on the last few days.