Chapter 19

During dinner Han grinned at you every now and then, his cheeks instantly flaring up when your eyes would lock, and then he'd quickly turn to Felix who was sitting next to him and join the conversation again.

It was another lazy evening, where one by one the guys would go off to bed. You spent most of it lying in Chan's arms, watching recreational tv.

'Hmmm,' Chan groaned as he stretched underneath you. 'It's time I go off to work, baby girl,' he said softly in your ear. Only Seungmin, Hyunjin and Chan were still downstairs, the rest had all gone off to bed. 'Want me to take you to bed?' Chan asked as you moved so he could get from underneath you.

'No, I think I'll stay a little longer,' you replied, pointing at the tv-show that hadn't yet finished. Chan nodded understandingly as he sat on the edge of the couch.

'Wait,' you said quickly. Chan raised his eyebrows at you. 'Will you ever tell me what it is that you do? The work, I mean?' You asked, already predicting the answer. Chan simply smiled at you, kissed your forehead and got up from the couch before leaving the room. You sighed.

'My turn!' Changbin said when you were about to lie back down. You giggled as he quickly ran over to you and plopped down on the couch, scooting over so he could manoeuvre himself behind you. 'What are we watching?' he asked curiously.

'Some pretty stupid variety show, I don't know, I don't really get it, but it's funny sometimes and I wanna know who's going to win,' you said. Changbin nodded frowningly as his eyes were already fixed on the screen. His big arms wrapped around your frame and you leaned back against him.

It didn't take long for Changbin's arms to start to drop slowly and you could hear his steady breath turn into soft snores.

By the time the show ended, Changbin's arms had completely dropped and you were free to quietly get up. You turned to look back at him, seeing him deep asleep. You couldn't help but smile. He looked even sweeter than usual like that. Quietly, you got a blanket from the basket and put it over him. You didn't want to wake him up.

After turning off the tv, you were just about to leave to go upstairs when you noticed movement on the balcony. You tiptoed over to the kitchen to get a closer look.

Seungmin was on the balcony, his telescope set up as he scribbled something into a notebook.

Quietly, you opened the door to step out on the balcony.

'Oh, y/n, you're still up,' Seungmin said, surprised when he noticed you.

'Not tired yet,' You replied with a shrug. 'Whatcha up to?'

'Just some work,' Seungmin said simply as he bent over to look into the telescope. He was silent for a little bit as you watched him. When he got up and noticed you he seemed surprised that you were still there.

'Wanna see?' he asked, pointing at the telescope.

'Oh, erm, sure,' you said. Seungmin stepped away from the telescope so you could stand in front of it and watch through it. It seemed to be focused on a singular star, which looked, even though already magnified, very far away.

'It's pretty,' you commented with a smile, straightening up. Seungmin chuckled shortly.

'I guess it is,' he said with a half-smile.

'Why are you looking at this star specifically, though?' you asked curiously. Seungmin pressed his lips together for a moment, thinking.

'It's been acting a little out of the ordinary lately,' he explained, and you knew he was simplifying it for you. 'Like, we can easily calculate the way it'll move over time easily, but this one seems to be off course a little bit. We're not sure why, though,' He said, frowning slightly.