Chapter 44

You were walking down a dark and narrow alley.

A fog obscured what was on the other side.

But you knew what was on the other side.

The boys were waiting for you there.

Eager, you started running towards them.

But your legs seemed to be made out of lead.

As if being held back by an invisible force, your steps were slow and small, barely moving you forward.

You started to feel desperate and tried with all your might to run faster.

But you went even slower than if you would've been walking.

Just when you were about to scream in frustration, you could finally see them.

Dark figures at the end of the alley.

You cried out in joy and called to them, desperate to get their attention, but they didn't answer.

With all your might you forced yourself to push through and run to them in that weird, slow, pulled-back pace.

But when you finally reached them, they had their backs turned to you.

Something was wrong.

'Where's Channie?' you asked, noticing his absence immediately.

'You were supposed to get him,' Felix's voice spoke coldly, not facing you.

'What?' you spoke confused.

'Yeah, did you just leave him behind?' Jeongin added coldly, his back also turned to you.

'I didn't leave him!' you protested.

'Well, go and get him then,' Changbin ordered.

You walked around them, trying to see their faces, but they seemed to be obscured by a weird shadow, making their features undefined and gray.

'Where's Channie?' you repeated again, starting to feel even more anxious.

'Pff, why? You really think he wants you to know?' Seungmin grumbled.

'Yeah, who do you think you are, hm?' Hyunjin spoke annoyed.

Tears of pain and frustration welled up in your eyes.

They seemed to have forgotten about you.

But surely Chan would know you. He would remember you.

He would make everything alright.

'Where is Chan?' You screamed at them.

But they just laughed at you and turned their backs to you again, leaving you in the mist.

'No! Come back! Where's Chan? Where's Channie?' you screamed and cried as you ran after them, but still your lead-like legs couldn't keep up.

Suddenly, something grabbed you from behind. You struggled as you waved your arms around in fear.

'It's okay. It's okay,' a voice spoke. 'It was only a dream.'

Panting you opened your eyes, the room dark. Your face was wet with tears and your heart was beating as if you had been running.

'Shhh, baby I'm here,' Felix's voice whispered in your ear as he pressed you against his body, his arms wrapping around you. 'I'm here, it was only a dream. Just another nightmare. You're safe now. You're with me.' His low voice whispered to you calmingly, helping you find your breath again. Your heartbeat slowed down again and you noticed your crying had stopped..