Chapter 23

'I still don't get why you insisted on going to school so soon already,' you said, shaking your head at Adam, who was sitting down clumsily, putting his crutches aside.

'You try being stuck in a hospital bed for almost two weeks. I'm telling you, I'm feeling better than ever now that I'm moving around,' Adam replied with a stretch. You clicked your tongue but sat down opposite of him.

'Did you bring lunch?' he asked as you rummaged through your bag. You nodded and pulled out a large lunchbox. 'Looks like you brought some for everyone,' Adam noted, chuckling at the size of the lunchbox.

'My housemate made it,' you explained. 'When I told him you had just gotten out of the hospital and would come to school today, he insisted on making you some as well.'

'How kind,' Adam said surprised as you opened the lid and revealed the little sushi rolls. 'Speaking of housemates, how did it go? Did you talk to him?' Adam inquired.

You nodded, having just popped a sushi roll into your mouth, before quickly chewing and swallowing it so you could answer. 'Yeah, it's all good now.' You smiled.

'So...' Adam began, hesitating for a second.

'Oh, right! Yeah, no, I didn't have sex yet,' you said pressing your lips together.

'You know, I was thinking if I was going to ask you that, but then I decided, you know what, I don't think I wanna know,' Adam said, pulling a face. You laughed.

'Sorry,' you giggled.

'But I would have thought that the moment it would be all good you would, like,' Adam made a silly head movement before continuing, 'but I guess not,'

'Do I really seem that desperate?' You huffed.

'You're talking to a guy who you've known for a few weeks and who used to like you up until last week and the conversation is about sex. So yes,' Adam said, nodding his head with a chuckle.

You pulled a face at him.

'I wanna ask why not, but then again...' Adam said, scrunching up his face.

'I guess...' you began, pressing your lips together for a moment. 'I guess I'm not sure how to initiate it?' you admitted.

Adam laughed and his reaction caught you by surprise.

'Sorry, but you're a girl. If he's anything like me you just have to bat your eyelashes, flip your hair and tell him you're horny.' Adam chuckled. 'It's that easy.'

You clicked your tongue at him.

'What? If you don't like that, just ask him on a date,' Adam suggested.

'Yeah, but what kind of date?' you asked with a groan. 'See, I'm not good at this type of stuff.'

'You'll get the hang of it eventually, everyone starts somewhere,' Adam comforted you. 'But what kind of date shouldn't be too hard. A trip to the cinema is always nice. It's dark and no one will see,' he said thoughtfully.

You clicked your tongue at him again disapprovingly but the memory of Chan sitting beside you as you stroked his abs crossed your mind at his words.

'Fine then, erm... Not dinner. Never dinner. I don't know how well you know the guy but he might eat something stinky and you don't want stinky sex,' Adam said very seriously. You almost choked on your sushi. 'What? I'm being practical!' Adam said defensively but he chuckled as well.

'Alright, no food date,' you agreed, grinning.

'Activities are always good, like funfairs, skating or going to the zoo,' Adam suggested thoughtfully, 'I don't recommend museums, though, unless the guy is really into it. But overall, museums are not really sexy, just dusty.'