Chapter 14

Frantically you pulled out your phone to check it for messages but there were none.

You remembered the last time when you had said goodbye. Jeongin had taken you away and you had promised Adam to talk to him the next day. But you hadn't. And he hadn't messaged you either.

Knowing him, he would've sent you something by now, which meant he probably had been in the hospital for some time...

Desperately, you called his number, holding your phone to your ear with a shaking hand. But the horrible feeling of a stone in your stomach only became heavier when you heard his voicemail.

You turned around and ran out of the school determinedly.

You had to find him, right now.

You realized full well when you arrived at the hospital that this might not at all be the one he'd be in, but you had to at least try

Silent tears ran down your face as you hurried blindly through the hospital, checking the name card at every door, praying you would, but also wouldn't, see his name there.

You knew it wasn't your fault. You knew you wouldn't've been able to prevent it. Even Jeongin had said he couldn't prevent it. But still...

Never in your life had you felt so guilty.

You had been so enwrapped in your emotions and thoughts, so occupied with the guys that you had completely forgotten about Adam and the bad luck he had been carrying. You wanted to stomp yourself in the face. How could you have been so thoughtless?

If something were to happen to him... If he were to...

You didn't think you'd be able to ever forgive yourself.

As tears streamed down your face it became harder and harder to see. Now and then you passed a solemn-looking patient but there was no sign of Adam anywhere.

An annoying buzzing came from your pant pocket and you yanked out your phone, furious that someone dared to call you right now.

'Lino,' you cried into the phone as you picked up, seeing the name on the screen before accepting the call.

'Y/n? What's wrong?' His voice was instantly serious and resolute.

'I-I'm at the-at the l-local hospital,' you cried into the phone.

Then something extraordinary happened. There was a sudden silence like all of the world had gone quiet. The air felt almost like it was tingling, and the hairs in your neck stood upright instantly.

In the distance, you heard the familiar sound of a gust of wind and another, and another, and several more.

'WHERE IS SHE?' Changbin's voice roared desperately from far away.

'I'm here!' you cried out, turning around.

Eight men came sprinting around the corner, some almost tripping over themselves and some slipping over the polished linoleum.