1

FADE IN:

1. INT. AUDITION- THEATRE SCENE-DAY

WE OPEN with a WIDE SHOT of the audience. Full house. Three judges looking bored- EYE LEVEL SHOT. Empty Stage, red curtains closed.

Black letters

FADE IN:

TOUCHSTONES PICTURES
PRESENT

And then:

ONE DIRECTION

Curtains open. Music. The audience cheers as a boy walks out on stage with a microphone in his hand. Curly hair. White shirt, Grey cardigan, green scarf, black pants. Seems confident.

BARRY
Hello

SIMON
Nice to meet you, what's you're name?

BARRY
I'm Barry Stykes

"Really Niall? Barry? Barry Stykes?" Harry questioned and stared at his friend like he had lost his mind.

"Just go with it." Niall waved for him to continue. They were doing their first reading of the script.

Alec Baldwin who played the judge Simon Towel didn't look impressed either but he continued.

SIMON
How old are you?

BARRY
I'm sixteen

SIMON
Sixteen? Okay

Another boy on stage. Jeans, blue button-up shirt, black tie loosely hung, beige cardigan, needs a haircut, visibly nervous.

JUDGE LEWIS
Hello

LEON
Are you alright?

JUDGE LEWIS
What's your name?

LEON
Leon Linsson

"Leon Linsson? What kind of name is that?" Louis cackled.

Niall gave him a look of disapproval. David Hasselhoff who played Judge Lewis continued.

JUDGE LEWIS
Leon, how old are you?

LEON
I'm eighteen

FADE between three other boys as they say their name and age.

NIGEL
Nigel Hogan. Seventeen

ZACK
Zack Maverick. Seventeen

LIONEL
Lionel Paige. Seventeen

"What is this? Why does everyone's name sound like our names but uglier?" Liam complained loudly.

"It felt right! Remember that I wrote this with all of you in mind for the different roles. You agreed to direct this movie, Liam. Why are you questioning my awesomeness?" Niall asked.

Alec Baldwin and David Hasselhoff were eyeing each other as if they were contemplating leaving the room.
"I'm not questioning your awesomeness, just the names you've chosen." Liam muttered.

"Whatever. Can we at least make it through the first scene?" Niall whined.

"Fine." Liam agreed.

Niall smiled and started to read.

MUSIC collage.

Black letters

FADE IN:

HARRY STYLES

BARRY (acapella, a little nervous) singing Isn't She Lovely by Stevie Wonder.

FADE OUT:
FADE IN:

LOUIS TOMLINSON

LEON singing (nervously, shaky) Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's

FADE OUT:
FADE IN:

NIALL HORAN

NIGEL (smiling, flirting) singing So Sick by NE-YO.

FADE OUT:
FADE IN:

ZAYN MALIK

ZACK (shy, scared) singing Let Me Love You by Mario

FADE OUT:
FADE IN:

LIAM PAYNE

LIONEL (insecure, nervous) singing Cry Me A River by Michael Buble.

FADE OUT:
FADE IN:

SCREENPLAY BY NIALL HORAN

FADE OUT:
FADE IN:

DIRECTED BY LIAM PAYNE

CUT TO:

"Alright, that's the first scene. What do you think?" Niall said excitedly and looked around the room.

Harry and Louis exchanged a look.
"Well, ehm, it's difficult to get a feel from just the intro." Harry said.

"I definitely saw how I want it to look scenomatically. Look, I made cliff notes in the margin of different camera angles." Liam added and waved the script in the air.

Niall grinned and nodded his head repeatedly before he looked at Louis.
"I know you're a great writer, Ni. I'm confident this will be a banger!"

"Absolutely!" Zayn chipped in.

"I think it's absolute garbage! I have three lines!" David Hasselhoff complained.

"Well, ehm, in this scene. You have more lines later and I mean, the focus in the movie is the five boys." Niall tried to explain. When David Hasselhoff looked offended Niall hurried to add "But your role is important too! You discover them!"

"I thought that was my role?' Alec Baldwin questioned.

"Yeah, both of you." Niall answered. He was sweating by now.

"How about we just read the next scene?" Louis suggested.

Niall looked relieved and turned the page.