lxxiii. prom--corey taylor (slipknot)

Zacznij od początku

He lets you pick the music as he drives to that little hole in the wall diner you like, not talking very much. You worry that he's not interested in you and retreat a bit. 

Still, Corey takes your hand as you approach the place, opens the door for you, and asks for the table. He doesn't let go of your hand until you're at the table. 

The dinner is just a touch awkward, in no small part due to the fact that neither of you know where you stand with each other. 

The dance is really no different. After doing your rounds to talk with friends and take a couple pictures, you and Corey finally meet again. Without much thought, you give it a shot to dance together. It kind of works, but you're too nervous and uncomfortable to loosen up. 

"You alright?" Corey asks you, gently holding your arm and pulling you away from the crowd. 

"Yeah, yeah, just a bit nervous," you reply. 

"Hm," Corey considers for a second, then glances toward a side door. "Come on."

You hesitate to follow him, but figure you'd be pretty safe with Corey. Worst he could do was take a bottle of fireball out of his pocket, right? He lets go of your wrist once you're away from the mass of people, anyway.

"Here, sit," Corey sits down on the stairs a few yards away from the gym. "This a bit better?"

"Ah, yeah," you nod, taking a breath. "Sorry, just got a bit overwhelming in there."

"That's alright. I get it."

"I'm surprised you of all people is overwhelmed by loud places," you joke. 

"Oh, hush," Corey laughs with you. "I'm not that loud."

"Mh-hm, sure."

"Come on, I'm at least quiet enough for you to tolerate me."

You shrug. "Eh, a bit more than tolerate."

Corey's a bit caught off guard. "Hm?"

"Yeah?" you ask, wondering if you've fucked up.

"Uhm, well, how do you feel about me?" Corey looks over at you. You avoid direct eye contact.

For a moment, you hesitate. It's difficult to choose the correct words. "Fuck...yeah, I am into you."

A slight blush scratches at your face as you glance over at Corey. His expression is unreadable, but he catches you before you can look away by placing two fingers under your chin and making you face him. 

"...Me?" he hums.

"Yeah," you confirm. 

"God, no fucking way," Corey smiles before he leans in to softly kiss you. As he pulls away, he gently strokes your cheek with his thumb. He lowers his hand back down to his lap, blushing just enough to be noticeable in the dim light. 

You take a breath, finally able to relax as you lay your head on his shoulder. You hold onto his arm and move closer to him. 

Corey lets out a sigh while his hand reaches for yours. "I'm sorry I couldn't afford a nicer dinner."

"Hey, honestly--it was more than enough to get a dinner with you," you admit. 

"Really?"

"Mh-hm," you give Corey's hand a small squeeze. "And I love that place. It was nice to go there with you."

Corey kisses your hair and leans into you. "...Thank you."

"You know your situation doesn't change how I feel about you, right?"

"I actually didn't know," Corey looks down, fidgeting a bit as his thumb runs over the back of your hand.

"I don't give a shit how much money you've got. I just want to date Corey Taylor."

Corey squeezes your hand and kisses your hair, hoping it hides the fact that he's smiling like a fucking idiot. He keeps you close until you both decide to leave. 

The next two hours are spent driving around (speeding just a little) while blaring music and having fun together. Corey kisses you at each stop light, and again when he drops you back off at your house. 

"Get home safe, alright?" you request before placing a kiss on Corey's cheek. 

"I will," he assures you. 

...

guys im literally the last person in my friend group who likes slipknot 

i am cringe but i am free

bye byeeeeee