xviii. awww--joey jordison (slipknot)

a/n: okay so i like slipknot now...

rest in peace, joey <3

"Hey, angel," Joey smiles as you trot up to him in Shaun's house. He gives you a quick kiss before leading you to the living room couch. 

"Okay, I have something kind of big to show you, so just wait here for a bit until  I come out, yeah?" Joey tells you. 

"Alright," you chuckle and sit down on the couch as Joey prances down the hall into the guest bedroom where his bandmates are waiting. You take your phone from your purse and start scrolling through instagram to pass the time until you hear what sounds like a bunch of guys trying to hype each other up. 

Interesting. It's kind of cute to hear all the guys yell nice things at Joey, but it keeps raising questions. All of this is so cryptic...could he be proposing? It has been a good while since you started dating Joey. No, he'd talk to you about something like marriage first. 

You hear the door open 20 minutes later, and by this time your anxiety has risen so much that you stand up as soon as you hear footsteps going down the hall. 

Oh...

Joey shyly walks toward you, in a brand new black jumpsuit with red accents and a new mask. He stops as you stalk toward him, studying his outfit. The jumpsuit is obviously immaculately made, not cheap like the costume ones they used to wear onstage. And damnit if Joey didn't look good in it. 

"Do you like it, angel?" Joey asks you, reaching out to you.

"You look amazing, number 1," you smile at your boyfriend as you pick a bit of lint off his shoulder. 

"Really? I'm kind of nervous to go on tour with this," Joey looks down. 

"Hey...," you hum. Joey's blue eyes meet yours. You kiss the lips on his mask, feeling the gentle pressure on the other side of the plastic as he kind of kisses you back. "You look perfect in anything, Joey."

"AWwwwww!!" Corey and Sid sound from down the hall. You and Joey just look at each other with blank expressions while everyone else either butchers a love song or aws at you. 

"Y'know, as annoying as they are, this is really sweet," you tell your boyfriend. 

...

its short but a cute lil idea i had