xliv. (sic)--slipknot

a/n: major shoutout to user @ilovejimroothehe for first of all having a great username and also making an awesome kidnapped by slipknot story that inspired this :)

You're not entirely sure how you got sick since the last time you left your captors' house was to go to a gas station with Shawn when you were on a late night food errand. That was two days ago.

Regardless, you've been sick as a dog since you woke up 45 minutes ago, and you're still in your room trying to find a way to stalk out to grab a bit of food and some medicine unnoticed. 

You make it out of your room and down the hall until the hall reaches the living room and kitchen area and there sits Joey Jordison. He glances up at you with a smile that quickly falls as he sees your pale face. 

"Oh, shit, Y/n, are you okay?" the drummer rushes up to you, gently holding your arms. He rests his hand against your forehead. "Damn, you definitely have a fever."

Paul saunters in and also makes his way over to you with a string of questions, asking if you're okay, if you need anything, if you feel nauseous, if you've eaten yet.

"Don't worry about it, I'm alright," you wave your hand dismissively. 

Not 10 minutes later, Paul is spreading a blanket over you in your room while Jim is opening the curtains to let you watch the rain.

Suddenly, people who have always had a threatening air about them began to dote on you. They check in on you and give your head gentle pats and kisses. 

...

A few hours later, you're awakening from your nap and you hear some a conversation at your threshold.

"Do we get them some soup? They've not eaten in a while," a voice you recognize as Sid suggests.

"No, dumbass. We give them bland food. We shouldn't upset their stomach," Shawn retorts.

You start to get up out of bed, "You guys do realize that I am perfectly capable of getting my own food, right?"

"No. Lay your ass back down," Corey, Sid, and Shawn command. 

"Shit, okay, sorry," you raise your hands up as you slide back under the blankets.

"You're getting soup," Corey declares.

"And bread," Shawn adds flatly.

"Do I get a say in which kind of soup I get?"

"No," Sid exits the group.

"Well...shoot," you mutter.

...

About an hour later, you're half asleep when you hear your door open and a figure creep in. 

"Hey, Y/n, are you asleep?" Jim leans over the bed. 

"Mm, not yet," you mumble. 

"Here," you feel a dip in the bed and your pillow adjusting. You assume #4 moved your head to rest on his lap. He starts to run his hand through your hair, earning a contented hum from you. 

"Wait," you tense. "You'll get sick."

"I'll be alright," the guitarist replies. "Relax, Y/n."

You hesitate a bit before relaxing onto Jim's lap as he continues to massage your scalp and neck. He smiles to himself as your breaths become deep and even. 

"Hey doll, we have practice now, so I have to go," Jim tells your sleeping self. "I'll be back later to check on you, but text me if you need anything, alright?"

2 rounds of soup and some crackers later, Sid walks into your room with a chocolate bar because he wondered if you might want some. 

One by one, each of the nine men check in on you as late as 1 in the morning. Each man is very sincere and kind to you, Craig even sits down in front of your nightstand and talks to you (that was a first).

The next few days are more of the same, with every Slipknot member letting you know that he is at your disposal if you were to ever need anything. 

...

again--huge thanks to @ilovejimroothehe  <3

thanks for reading!