The Long Lost Omega - Part 09

A blurred image of Wei Wuxian's finger repeatedly poking on Lan Wangji's nose appeared in front of him as his eyes slowly fluttered open, finally regaining consciousness. What the hell happened? The last thing he remembered was pouring his heart and soul out to Wei Wuxian, silently praying that the omega shared his feelings so he wouldn't have to lock him in that wretched basement back home. Thankfully, none of that came to pass because Wei Wuxian had loved him all along, and -

Lan Wangji groaned as he shifted from the bed, feeling a headache coming along. Bloody hell, he must've hit his head pretty hard from that fall. What else had happened? Oh, that's right, Wei Ying's pregnant. Wait. Wei Ying's pregnant!

Quickly recalling earlier events, Lan Wangji jolted upright, heaving, his eyes running wild until he found Wei Wuxian sitting beside him, a look of confusion and slight worry in the omega's eyes. "Lan Zhan?" he said, tilting his adorable head to the side, unsure of himself. "Are you -" Wei Wuxian gasped as his lanky body was suddenly crushed under Lan Wangji's arms, holding him tight.

"Wei Ying," Lan Wangji said, burying his head in the crock of Wei Wuxian's neck, unbothered when the tears started flowing freely. "Is it true that we're going to have a baby?"

"Mmm," Wei Wuxian hummed, a habit Lan Wangji noticed he had picked up from him sometime back. When Wei Wuxian wrapped his arms around him, trying to hug him as best as he could. "Lan Zhan," he said, "You're going to be a father. That's what I've been meaning to tell you, silly. When you came earlier - I was going back to you."

"So, you weren't trying to run away?"

"What? No - you big fuddy-duddy," Wei Wuxian laughed, slapping him lightly on the back of the head where it still throbbed. "I would've returned earlier...but I thought you wouldn't want me like this...I thought you would reject me...and the baby...but then when I realized you love me, I -"

At that, Lan Wangji pulled apart, a dark glare in his eyes and a frown on his forehead. Why would Wei Ying think that? It all came back to that horrible Aunt Yu, he concluded. It must be since she knew how to crumble Wei Wuxian's self-esteem, making him believe he's unworthy, unloved, uncared for. It was her specialty. Lan Wangji swore that one day he'll make her pay for all that she had put Wei Wuxian through.

"Wei Ying," Lan Wangji said. "I would never reject you."

"Then," Wei Wuxian frowned. "Why didn't you let me mark you that night?"

"I wanted you to do it when -" Lan Wangji gulped. If he says too much, Wei Wuxian will figure out what he has done, and then everything he worked for will all be for nothing. "I wanted you to remember," he said instead.

" Ohhhh."

Soon, a quiet pause ended the conversation as there were no more barriers around them, and all the misunderstandings were gone, leaving the room in comforting silence.

Lan Wangji stared at Wei Wuxian's lips - they're begging to be kissed, and out of nowhere, all the voices appeared in his head, telling him that Wei Ying would disappear unless he locked the omega away. Still, he willed himself to ignore them, hiding them at the back of his mind, trapping them there. The voices will remain hidden, he told himself. However , if Wei Ying somehow leaves again, well -

"Lan Zhan?" Wei Wuxian unintentionally licked his lower lip. There's a bright red blush creeping around his cheeks, so he rubbed at his nose, blushing harder.

Lan Wangji's breath hitch. "Mm?"

"Do you want to kiss me?"

Lan Wangji stared Wei Wuxian in the eyes. "I do."

A pause.

"Well," Wei Wuxian said. The bed dipped as he inched closer until his chest brushed against Lan Wangji's. "What are you waiting for?"

"Mm."

In a split second, he tugged Wei Wuxian closer until their bodies pressed against each other and kissed him gently, and then hard, pouring his everything out. When Wei Wuxian kissed back, following his lead, Lan Wangji moaned wantonly, never wanting this blissful feeling to end. It's better than the first time - it's better because Wei Ying's kissing back, tasting so perfect on his tongue, filling his lungs with the air he once lacked.

Eyes closed, Wei Wuxian heaved. "Lan Zhan," he breathed through the kiss.

Fuck, Lan Wangji groaned - he'll cherish this moment forever.

When Wei Wuxian finally ended the kiss, Lan Wangji tilted his head, baring his unmarked neck. "Wei Ying," he whispered, desperate. "Wei Ying, please -"

"Shh," Wei Wuxian brought a finger to Lan Wangji's lips, bringing him to silence. "No more talking Lan Zhan," he whispered near Lan Wangji's ear, his fingers threading through Lan Wangji's hair. "I know what to do."

As the fangs protruded out of his mouth, Wei Wuxian dipped his head and sank his teeth in Lan Wangji's neck, moaning loudly. The sudden feeling rocked through Lan Wangji's body, shocking him to the core, making him close his eyes and bite his lower lip a bit too hard, drawing blood. Such bliss, if he would've known earlier that the mating bond could have affected him so -"

Wei Wuxian delicately licked on the wound. When he drew back, watching as Lan Wangji slowly came down from his high, he smiled that bright, lively smile he used to have when he was a child. "Well," he said, lacing his fingers in Lan Wangji's hand, squeezing it. "What do we do now?"

Unable to hide the blush forming all around his neck, Lan Wangji smiled, small. "Wei Ying," he said, returning a squeeze to Wei Wuxian's hand. "Let's go home."

"Home would be nice."

-------

Seven months later, Wei Wuxian glowed brighter than ever when he gave birth to a healthy baby girl, giving Lan Wangji the perfect family he so desperately craved.

Lan Wangji had intended on bringing Wei Wuxian home at whatever cost necessary, and that's precisely what he had done. Wei Wuxian returned, a mark displayed on his neck, a child in his arms, a smile on his face, and an alpha - capable of giving him whatever he desired, by his side.

Unfortunately, Lan Wangji never got around to telling Wei Wuxian about him spiking the omega's drink, forcing him into an early heat. At this point, he figured it was unnecessary. Killing that beta during date night also seemed irrelevant. Those were trivial matters that didn't need bringing up when life was so perfect.

Lan Wangji was fortunate to have a family. Wei Ying was glad he found love during his years of pining. Yuan was happy to have a sister he could play with, and Xichen was pleased that his brother found love.

Life...was almost too perfect, and Lan Wangji hoped to keep it that way. However, what if one day Wei Wuxian accidentally stumbles into the sealed basement. Well, then...he would have some explaining to do. And if Wei Wuxian freaks out, well, it was not like the omega's going anywhere, so none of that mattered anymore.

So yeah, their lives were perfect.

THE END.