Come Back To Gusu

Date: 22nd July 2020 | NOT RATED

Summary: Lan Wangji wants Wei Wuxian to go live in Gusu with him, and Wei Wuxian refuses.

__________________________

Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian, two destined souls who were fated to be together since birth, eyed each other with endless sorrow beside the tiny wooden cottage where Wei WuXian had chosen to make his new home. A new home far away from the village of Gusu and farther apart from Lan WangJi's disheartened heart.

Lan WangJi never thought it would come down to this. He never expected Wei WuXian would one day decide to leave his side and chose to live his life in solitude. Wei WuXian had reasoned that it would be for the better, for he thought of himself as a helpless crippled - a burden placed upon Lan WangJi's shoulders. Although Lan WangJi disagreed, his words were meaningless, as Wei WuXian had already made up his mind.

Lan WangJi could see the regret of Wei WuXian's decision that lingered within his silver orbs. But as pride - and duties would have it. Neither said anything.

Therefore, saying their last farewells with a mere shake of the hand, Lan WanJji - with great bitterness, took the first step and broke away from the man he had been secretly loving and yearning to have confined within his arms for as long as he could remember.

----------

How the two men came to be fated pair was still a question left unanswered. They were - forever since, the complete opposite of the other.

Wei WuXian had always been a naive young man who was often frowned upon by others, owing to the fact that he was well known for living in the streets of YunMeng - a little village not far from Gusu. He would frequently cause trouble. A nuisance and a bother, people would say. Whilst Lan WangJi stood more polished and was well honored and respected among his elders, a perfect candidate to look up too.

However, although opposites, they got along exceptionally well - as if made for each other.

Their story first began when they were mere children, after having crossed paths inside YunMeng's busy market one summer morning. It was on that day Lan WangJi recalled noticing a starving child with nothing but tattered robes, scrunched up in the corner begging for food. Having been raised to pity the less fortunate, Lan WangJi did the only decent thing he could think of - sharing the loaf of bread he'd kept hung inside a sack and offering it to the boy who wasn't much younger than Lan WangJi himself.

When the beggar boy's hands grabbed at the offered bread in eagerness, their eyes met. It lasted a second, maybe two, but at that moment, Lan WangJi knew he needed to see those sterling beauty for the rest of his life onward.

That day, young Lan WangJi had pleaded with his uncle to bring the boy along with them. However, to Lan WangJi's dismay, his pleas weren't granted. Struck by sadness, Lan WangJi's young heart refused to listen, so his uncle's words soon fell on deaf ears. Afterward, Lan WangJi found himself sneaking out of Gusu to meet with his new friend whenever prying eyes weren't on him. No one noticed, and throughout the coming years, their friendship unintentionally blossomed into a strange desire much more daring when their teenage years snook up upon them.

Neither one of the young boys admit these foreign feelings, afraid of rejection - or worse - be shunned for having anything to do with the other. So the two dull-witted boys - who think more alike than they could possibly imagine, kept their feelings hidden, hoping one day it would disappear.

Fortunately, the feelings never did fade. Instead, it blossomed, bright, and everlasting.

They were friends who very much loved each other. Friends, who longed for each others' touch, and friends who were too dense to do anything to make the first move.