Lotus Pond

Date: 12th June 2020 | NOT RATED

Summary: Wei Ying's demonic cultivation backfires, and Lan Zhan confesses his true feelings.

__________________________

Every so often, Lan WangJi made it his mission to visit the capital city of YunMeng, Lotus Pier. Even though the Jade Of Gusu Lan was most welcomed, many had questions; what was his intention of being there?

Perhaps he had his eyes on one of the many beautiful young maidens who resided in YunMeng's capital, Lotus Pier?

Well, half of it was true anyway, for Lan WangJi did have his eyes upon someone, though it was no maiden.

In fact, he was the quiet opposite of the well-disciplined and graceful Lan WangJi.

The young cultivator's name was Wei WuXian. However, Lan WangJi was allowed to call him Wei Ying, for the pair were friends - best of friends.

----------

Walking back and forth scanning everywhere imaginable for Wei WuXian, Lan WangJi was slowly losing his tranquility.

The Jade Of Gusu Lan had even gone out of his way, asking Jiang Cheng, Wei WuXian's brother, for the whereabouts of the latter, but not even Jiang Cheng knew. However, Lan WangJi had a sense that the Sect leader was deceiving him.

It was nearly nightfall, still, there was no sign of his troublemaker friend, whom Lan WangJi deemed more than a friend. It was only due time he was about to confess his feelings for Wei WuXian, and Lan WangJi knows the other felt the same way towards him.

Sighing in frustration, Lan WangJi had decided he would wait at their favorite place in all of Yunmeng - the Lotus Pond, for Wei WuXian.

----------

In the middle of the Lotus Pond, Lan WangJi was seated in a riverboat gazing in the direction of the setting sun. In his hand, he held many lotus flowers and pods - a gift for his Wei Ying.

Unfortunately, night arrived, but his Wei Ying never did. Lan WangJi was agitated, furious even. How could Wei WuXian do this to him? They'd made arrangements to spend the day together and Wei WuXian broke it.

A tear unknowingly fell from Lan WangJi's golden orbs, "Wei Ying." Lan WangJi sniffed at his running nose.

Ever since he'd realized he had gotten feelings for his menacing friend, Lan WangJi had become soft to the point of breaking from the mere mention of Wei WuXian's name. The Jade Of Gusu Lan doesn't know what he would do if one day Wei WuXian, decided he doesn't want to be around Lan WangJi anymore.

----------

While Lan WangJi was crying and clutching tightly upon the lotus flowers, the Jade Of Gusu Lan failed to notice silver orbs glistening inside the pond that had been watching him.

Wei WuXian had been eyeing Lan WangJi ever since the cultivator came by the Lotus Pond. However, Wei WuXian was too ashamed to show himself.

Why was Wei WuXian ashamed?

Well, many had known that the troublesome cultivator, for the longest while, had been secretly studying dark cultivation. No matter the numerous pleads from Lan WangJi to stop, Wei WuXian never did.

Until recently that is.

One day, Wei WuXian's dark cultivation had backfired on him. That day something happened. Wei WuXian had grown a strikingly bright red tail.

From that day onward, his tail would reappear whenever Wei WuXian was to step foot in water. The nightmare didn't end there, the tail would also appear whenever the moon's at its full peak.