The Long Lost Omega - Part 02

As promised, Lan Wangji returned the next day to pick up Yuan from school much earlier than usual. Thanks to the filthy images of Wei Wuxian's tubby backside on display inside his mind, Lan Wangji had been glowing throughout the day. Work did not burden him, and he finally found a reason to get out of bed in the morning.

Today, Lan Wangji didn't walk with his usual briefcase. Instead, nestled under his arm was a decorated box of imported chocolates covered in Wei Wuxian's favorite, chilly spices - a gift for his precious Wei Ying.

Although the school bell had not rung, Lan Wangji rapped on the classroom door before entering without an invitation, startling Wei Wuxian in the process. He'd been scribbling away letters from the alphabets on the chalkboard, but when he saw Lan Wangji, he immediately blushed. Fuck , Lan Wangji thought. If Wei Wuxian only knew what he planned to do with those cherry lips.

"Lan Zhan!" Wei Wuxian greeted. His eyes swelled, seeing the box of chocolates in Lan Wangji's hand. The look on his face of pure innocence made Lan Wangji want to kiss him; on the eyes, on his cute button nose, on his edible lips, and all the way down to his tummy until his Wei Ying squirmed with laughter. "A bit early, aren't you?"

"Wei Ying," Lan Wangji nodded. And then his eyes found Yuan, sitting at the very front, eyes trained on the chalkboard. Such an obedient child. Thankfully, Lan Wangji had no problem concerning Yuan's academic performance.

"Lan Zhan," Wei Wuxian said, turning back toward the chalkboard. "Why don't you take a seat, I'll talk to you in a minute. I'm just giving them their homework."

"Hmm," Lan Wangji hummed. "Take your time."

Before ruffling Yuan's hair, Lan Wangji took an empty seat at the back of the class. When the tiny chair didn't fit too well with his built, he stood up instead. There he spent the remaining fifteen minutes gawking over Wei Wuxian's back and his bubbly laugh. Gosh, it must be heaven to wake up to such a laugh every day. Soon, Lan Wangji promised himself.

When the bell rang and the children all tumbled over the other to get out of class, something then crossed Lan Wangji's mind, Wei Wuxian's scent. The scent of ripe, wanting omega disappeared as though he'd been imaging it yesterday. Has it been just that, an imagination? Definitely not, Wei Wuxian must've realized and used his suppressants. What a pity. Then again, at least It'll keep away any unwanted alphas from his precious omega.

"Daddy," Yuan's tiny voice snapped Lan Wangji out of his thoughts. "Can I go sit with my friends? They're out there waiting on their mommy's." The child pointed toward a small bench just outside the classroom where two other students were sitting.

Finally, some alone time. "Yes, you can go," Lan Wangji answered. "Just don't run off."

"Okay, daddy," Yuan cheered, speedily walking off.

Lan Wangji knew Yuan would not dare wander off on his own. The child was too smart for his own good. Lan Wangji wouldn't even be surprised if Yuan already figured out his father's intentions of courting Wei Wuxian.

Lan Wangji, "Wei Ying -"

Wei Wuxian, "Lan Zhan -"

They both spoke in unison.

Ignoring Wei Wuxian's awkward chuckling, Lan Wangji cleared his throat. "You first." He gestured with his hand. But Wei Wuxian seemed hesitant to start a conversation, so Lan Wangji nodded, understanding his childhood friend's silent treatment.

"These are for you." Blushing, Lan Wangji handed over the box of chocolates, and despite Wei Wuxian seeming unsure of his intentions, he was eager to grab onto the box.