A Bunny's Christmas - Part 01

Date: 17th December 2020 | NOT RATED

Summary: Little bunny Wei Ying finds a little white dragon curled up behind a back alley dumpster on a cold Christmas night.

________________________

 It's finally here, Christmas day in Yunmeng - such a magical time for most. Merry and bright and packed with light. A time filled with laughter, love, presents, and most importantly, family.

As always, the chimneys puffs with smoke, and rooftops beam with multicolored lights, offering the only warmth to heat the street rats from the freezing wintertime air - a friendly reminder that Christmas is here.

The snow rains outside; it covered the streets in white, glistening in ice. Inside, warmth spreads as the scent of Christmas dinner fills the air as presents sit under the trees, waiting to be open. And although Christmas is often fun and joyous for most, there are a few unfortunate souls who aren't as fortunate enough to get to bask in the festive season.

Amongst the unlucky ones who roam the streets on this bitter Christmas night; is a young bunny hybrid child of ten, Wei Ying.

Wei Ying, the poor child , has been wandering the empty streets for some time as he wraps his tiny arms around himself because the torn coat he wears isn't enough to shield him from the blizzard. When the wind gets too brutal for his young self to handle, he drops his tall, black, silky ears down and pushes his way through the chill air, hurrying to reach the small shack he has been calling home for nearly a year.

The old shack sits on the outskirts of Yunmeng - it isn't much. Wei Ying had cleaned it pretty and made it a home for himself where he plans to spend his Christmas, eating the hot meal a kind old shopkeeper gave him earlier.

There are two slices of cake, a canteen of milk - a piece of stuffed chicken pie , and a bar of chocolate inside the paper bag. As Wei Ying pushes through the frigid atmosphere, his tiny mouth unintentionally waters at the thought of gobbling them down. At least now, his stomach will have some warmth before the night ends.

As Wei Ying's tiny feet stumbles and wobbles, fighting against the wind, he takes a shortcut at the back of an alleyway, wanting to reach home before he freezes to death.

Wei Ying skips through the lane, stopping every so often to rub his small palms together to gain a bit of warmth. However , when he passes near an old dumpster, he hears a soft, needy whine - stopping him in his tracks as his ears perk up. Oh? What could it be? Wei Ying doesn't know, but he's curious as he inches near the dumpster from where the whimper came.

The closer Wei Ying gets, the more fear of the unknown pushes through. However, what he sees next causes him to gasp, his eyes doubling. It's a white baby dragon! It's so cute - Wei Ying desperately wants to squish it in his arms.

Ice crystals cover the baby dragon as he shivers from the cold. It looks like a snowman. The baby dragon doesn't notice Wei Ying's there, so he pokes his head behind the dumpster and coos a light, "hello," as he waves a hard at the dragon.

Wei Ying has never seen a dragon before - its white, shiny scales are so freaking pretty!

When the dragon hears Wei Ying's voice, he pushes himself against the cold, dirty brick wall, hiding his face as he tries to make himself appear smaller than he is. Such a scared dragon.

" Silly dragon. I will not hurt you," Wei Ying points out when the dragon shivers from fright a second time. "Are you lost, pretty dragon?"

The dragon looks lost, or he wouldn't have been shivering behind a dumpster. And though Wei Ying doesn't know much about dragons, he knows they're cherished creatures - standing at the very top of the hybrid clans and lives in Cloud Recesses, Gusu. Gusu isn't too far away from Yunmeng, an hour walk at most. So, how come the pretty dragon ended up getting lost? Dragons can fly, right? Right!