chapter 7

Barry

I knock on my brother's door and walk in. Ugh ,of course there's a girl.

"Please get out , I need to speak with my brother."

"Cole?" The girl asks my brother for permission probably and he looks at me before nodding. The girl leaves and I close the door.

"So, my sweet one. To what do I owe this pleasure."

"I wanted to talk about Laria. She's been bugging my mate and I don't think it's for a good reason. So I'm here to ask you to tell me what she's planning."

"And what made you think I'll tell you?"

"Maybe you won't, but I'm sure you can at least warn me."

He looks at me and thinks.

"I'm serious Cole."

"I'm also serous. I really don't know anything about her anymore. If you want to ask about her , maybe you should ask her. Who knows , maybe she likes the boy ."

I scoff and look at him. Ain't no way Laria could ever like Danton. But Cole seems a bit serious and it's a bit scary.

"If you have your answer now leave. But I don't know anything."

I look at him before leaving. I close the door and look at the girl before heading to my room.

....

I open my laptop and go on Skype. I call Danton and he answers after a while.

"Hi, are you ok . You look flushed."

"Yeah , I was in the gym. Trying to get my mind off this whole...Laria thing."

"So , I talked to my brother and apparently he doesn't know anything about Laria and her plans."

"He didn't say nothing at all. A little hint?"

Danton asks wiping his hair with a towel.

"Well, there was something he said , but I'm not sure about."

"What is it?"

"He suggested maybe she likes you."

I look at Danton to see his reaction but there's none. Weird.

"Why are you acting like that. ?"

"Like what?"

"Like you already know or something?"

"Maybe because I do...."

"And you didn't  tell me because...?"

"You didn't give me time to tell you. You suddenly came up with this idea of asking your brother and I thought maybe I'd find something also. But she has been acting a certain...way."

I straighten myself getting more interested in this conversation .

"What's she been doing?"

"Promise you won't tell anyone?"

"Really bro , if I didn't keep your secrets, would we still be friends with Meera, I don't think so."

"Ok. So she has been giving me these...signs that trigger my thoughts and body."

"All the body ?" I ask knowing he knows what I'm talking about. This is really getting interesting.

"Yeah. " He says with a low embarrassed voice and I burst out laughing. I really didn't want to , but I can't help it if it's been 2 years since your friend has gotten a boner.

"Don't laugh like that dude." He pleads and it takes a lot in me to actually stop laughing.

"Ok , I'm done now. Carry on."

"Finally, as I was saying. This past week she has been touching me, wearing stuff and being really nice which is a really green flag for me. Every time I go to her room and see her , it goes up immediately and I have to endure it for like 4 freaking hours. "

"But you handle it later ?"

"No, I just control it . I don't ever see myself doing that."

"Is it easy to?"

"Can we change the topic please. I don't know how to feel talking about my...thing."

"Fine sorry. Well , I have nothing to discuss, but study so goodbye. Peace.-

"Bye. Peace."

I close my laptop and continue to study .

....

Laria

A week and two days have gone by and I still don't know if Danton is ready to go there yet. I need to be faster . I should probably go for his face today , I've spend a lot of time on his arms . I figured that since he's a nerd , he's probably never even held hands. So I went for them and I'm not sure if it's been working or what. He's coming soon and I am ready to take it to the next level.

I walk downstairs and find my mom on her laptop.

"Mom, you're working from home today?"

"Yeah , I told you I wanted to spend more time here. After how things were at the hospital, I don't knows maybe  when another one of those cases will come again. It wasn't easy staying away from you."

I smile , but I don't know if it's real of fake. Everytime Danton came here my mom was at work , but today it's obviously different. She won't like us studying close to one another.

The door bell rings and Winter goes to open the door. I mentally pitch myself as Danton comes in view. I look down to see my mom's reaction and it's not quite...pleasant.

Danton walks to me and my mom . And well we just stand there in silence.

"Uh mom this is Danton and Danton this is my mom."

"Oh, hi Mrs storm ."

"It's miss Storm ." My mom says as they shake hands.

"So Danton, what can we help you with.?"

Oh , here it comes

"I'm her tutor."

My mom snaps her neck to look at me and I look away immediately.

"Dear , what's all this about."

"Mom , Danton just offered to help me since I once helped him with some money problem."

I'm used to lying to my mother because she's very strict. 

"Oh , at least you're helping people in need. " She says going back to work. I signal Danton to follow upstairs . He looks at me before coming , but my mom stops me.

"I hope you know the rule dear."

"Yeah mom I know, leave the door open."
I say rolling my eyes as we continue walking to my room.