chapter 2

Danton

"Danton... Danton... Danton... Danton."

"What? What is it?"

"Are you serious? We've been calling you . What's on your mind, you've been acting weird since after school . " My best friend Meera asks and I sigh .

"Ok , this weird encounter happened between me and your brother's girlfriend." I say looking at Barry

"They aren't really dating but ok. "

"Wait , why would you approach her in the first place.?" Meera asks

"Why would you think I approached her , she was the one who talked to me first. "

"Ok , what happened?" Barry asks and I look at them .

"Nothing much , she just said hi and said my name without the last letter."

"Danto." Barry says and they laugh and I chuckle.

"Either way , it's not just 'nothing much'. It's totally something, I mean why would she even talk to you in the first place ?" Meera says looking at me and I shake my head.

"I don't know , but I'm sure it was just for today."

"Let's hope so." Barry says and we go back to studying. We're writing mini quiz for biology and we're helping each other .

....

I walk out of the class and let out a breath. I hope I did well on the quiz. A beautiful scent of caramel with a bit of vanilla hits my nose and I smile.

"Hi , Danton. I hope I said it right."

I look to my side to see Laria Storm. Oh not again. It was supposed to be a one time thing. I look at her and she's smiling. Weird.

"Uh, hey . Yeah you got it this time ." I say and leave quickly but she follows me.

"Danton wait. " I stop and look at her.

"How was the test?"

"Uh...great I hope. You just never know. How was it for you.?"

"It felt like I didn't study. I didn't." She confesses to me whispering. And she chuckles .

"Uh , you should've st-"

"Yeah whatever. Uh I'll talk to you later . I have cheerleading practice. Bye, see ya."

She leaves and I just stand there. What's going on . I check the time and I have to meet my best friends in the library.

....

"I'm tired of reading this book. This girl is always crying."

Meera complains and I look at Barry who's already looking at me and we both shake our heads.

"So, another encounter happened." I say looking at my textbook. I don't want to look at them.

"Wait , are you serious?" Barry asks

"Uh , this girl can wait. What!" Meera says closing her book.

"Yeah , just a while ago . After last period. She said hi , asked if she said my name right. Ate even asked about the test. But that's not weird. What was the weirdest thing was when she was smiling."

"She smiled at you and greeted you and asked about a quiz. That's super weird and scary." Meera says whispering

"And she also cares about your name? That's a bit disturbing don't you think?" Barry asks and I nod .

"I don't know what to think anymore , what is it that you guys think."

"Well, I would say she likes you but that's not possible. So what is that she wants?" Meera asks and we look at each other thoughtfully .

"Whatever it is , I'm just gonna say this. She's never good news Danton." Barry says and I look away to think probably.