Chapter 20

~ Camilla ~

It's finally Friday...the gala I've been planning for a fortnight, the nightmare of it ends tonight. Everything has to be perfect, this is the first time I'm hosting something this big for the school and my whole reputation as the Princess of Eldorra depends on it.

Thankfully, we don't have school and I've spent the afternoon at the venue, the Empire Hotel, preparing everything. No matter how much I had planned everything out perfectly, something went wrong.

When I had just sinked into a chair after overseeing the decorations, table placements and floral arrangents, someone from the kitchen came running out. Now as I walk with the sous chef to the kitchen, anger builds in me.

I push the door open and walk behind the sous chef to reach the chef standing behind the huge island, "What's wrong?"

"We won't be able to manage, there's another party happening tonight on the rooftop and they just called to let us know their guest list expanded by 200 people." The chef says, his face pale and fear clear in his voice.

"I confirmed the people and menu long ago. I was not aware that you were also catering to another event  at the same night as this? Do I need to explain how unprofessional it is?" I say trying to control my breathing so I don't scream at him.

"Your highness, I'm extremely sorry. We have made arrangements for food but there aren't enough waiters and bartenders for both events. If you can arrange.."

"Are you telling me you can't find more people to serve food and I have to..." I glare at him and bring my hand up to my forehead.

Before I can think of a solution for this problem my phone pings with a text, then another. I ignore it and keep glaring at the chef. I can ask another catering company to fill in. But who's going to be available at such a short notice?

Then the loud ring of my phone brings me out of my thoughts and I get even more annoyed. I force myself to calm down and take out my phone. Without looking who is calling, I pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Hi Cami baby" The familiar voice that sounds like whiskey and midnights lowers a little bit of my anger. "Niko, I'll call you back later, I have a situation here" I tell him.

"What's wrong?" he asks and I turn around, go out the kitchen and tell him what the chef told me. I don't know if he can help or not but I really need to vent to someone so I spill everything in a panic.

When I'm done, I wait for him to say something. When he doesn't, "Niko? Are you there?"

"Yes, I was thinking. It's too late to get another catering to cover. You've been working so hard, I'm not letting this fuck it up."

"I don't know what to do." I tell him with a sad sigh.

"Don't worry,let me make some calls to get the Hotel staff to cover it" he says in thought.

"The hotel staff don't work private events, the catering do and they messed up and.." I explain and panic starts to fill me again.

"Calm down baby. Is everything else ready?"

"Yes, I was done with everything and was about to head home to get ready.. but"

"Okay, I'll take care of it. Go get some rest" he says with a low voice.

"How?" I ask

"The Gala's at the Empire right? Do you know who owns it?"

"Archer group" I answer and gasp, fuck!

"Yeah, I'll get it done. And, I'll pick you up at 7" he says and hangs up.

I completely forgot his dad owns most of the buildings in New York and DC.