Chapter 4

~ Camilla ~

It's been a week since Sofia, Niko and Jeremy started school here. It's been fun with Sof, after the pizza and beer night last week, Sof, Lia and I hung out a few more times out o school and I had to always cut it short because I had somewhere else to be.

I saw him, my estranged best friend, only in the courtyard 2 times, that too in passing. And when our eyes met both times he didn't stop, he just tipped his head and went on his way.

I hate him, and his cold attitude towards me. He calls Sof to ask for updates and hangs out with Lia all the time but barely acknowledges me. 

U know what, I don't care. Uggg! I don't care! 

But I do. 

I know I talk like I am a character out of Downton Abbey, without the accent ofcourse but that is part of being princess and future queen of Eldora. I can rant and be sarcastic and bitch about life only in my head like I'm doing right now, not with Lia or Sof or anyone...

I think he hates that I'm like this, he always thought of me as Ms. prim and proper and I can't deny that I'm not. I have seen his Instagram, he goes to bike rides at night and parties, he probably likes girls that are wild and carefree, not someone who lays out the next day's outfit and has to go to 'Princess classes'

Okay, let's go through the list of things planned for today, Saturday-

It's 8 am right now. I have the School Charity Gala planning commitee meeting at 11

Then Lunch with the Ambassodar of Eldorra for USA

Evening date with Anthony- my boyfriend

Then I'm taking him to meet Sof and Lia.

Ok, a pretty easy saturday. 

-----

I checked three things off my list mentally as Anthony and I exited Central Park after our date.

I was already exhausted after smiling and talking to people all day. First the planning commitee, whose members don't listen to any of your opinions and only like to hear themselves talk, then the Ambassodar and then well I guess Anthony too. 

Is it wrong of me to pretend to enjoy his company like I do with a planning commitee? God, am I seriously putting my conversations with my boyfriend in the same category of a commitee with school teachers and trustees?

We got into the car and Anthony slowly took my hand in his and kissed it. 

"Should I be nervous about meeting your friends for the first time Camilla?" he asked returning my hand to me and keeping his on my thigh.

"No, they are my childhood friends and they are excited to meet you." I replied looking at him with a small smile.

"Good, you don't mind if I say a quick hello and leave right? I'm meeting my father regarding something important."

"Oh, I thought you said you were staying for dinner?" I asked because of the sudden change of plans.

"We had a lovely date, I want to spend more time with you and I want to meet your friends but I'm afraid I can't stay"

"Oh.. Okay" I said.

He smiled at me leaned forward and kissed me on the cheek.

"You look really pretty, Camilla" he whispered against my cheek and I said a quiet thank you. 

He started kissing my neck and moved closer to me and I moved head to give him access but his touch didn't have that spark, I didn't get lost into it. My mind is thinking of random thoughts, that he just kind-of bailed on our plans, that he wasn't interested in my life and me. I felt so because all throughout our date he kept talking and I spoke when he asked me a question, I felt like he's dating me because my mom introduced us and not because he wants to.