Chapter 9

~ Camilla ~

Fuck! I always knew my curiosity about living care-free and wild would get me in trouble. I always knew drinking too much is not something a princess does, that's why I did it but I'm in trouble.

I kissed Niko, my estranged best friend who had given me a second chance. I have a boyfriend but that's not why I'm trouble, it's because I kissed him and I liked it. I want more, more of his lips and those gorgeous abs under my fingertips.

And then, I don't know how but I pissed him off. He kissed me back, that's what suprised me. I had been having dreams about him but he frickin kissed me back. But he also stopped it- my head smacks me out of my thoughts or is it the knock on my door.

"Yes?" I ask. The door opens and it's Greg telling me it's time to leave for school.

I grab a latte on the way and get to school earlier than expected. Walking throught the courtyard I stop to talk to a few of my classmates. I hear a familiar voice giggling and look to see Niko, Sofia and Jeremy. 

Sof runs to where I am and hugs me and I reply to her hello with a good morning of my own, she soon turns to the others with me while my gaze is fixed on her brother.

His eyes hold mine with an intensity that heats my cheeks and I swallow as I think of the night I kissed him. His eyes leave mine only when Jeremy calls to him, slaps his back twice and leaves with a smile on his face. Jer tips his head to greet me and I wonder if he knows what's going between me and Niko.

Niko's still looking at me as his phone rings and he picks it up. I break the gaze and turn toward the conversation going on but I can still see him in the periphery of my vision. His eyes travel down and back up and I suddenly feel a chill go through me.

I'm not paying attention when Rina asks me about something, I just nod and apologise. I try to concentrate this time but I'm intterupted by a hand on the small of my back. 

Niko's still in my periphery but I have to turn to see Anthony, he leans forward and kisses my cheek and I push a small smile to my lips. The memory of what happend comes back to me and guilt settles in my nerves. 

I still haven't decided whether to tell him or not, I know I should. I don't know how he'll react but Niko's words have haunted me- break up with your boyfriend not because of me but because he bores the fuck out of you.

Me and Anthony excuse ourselves and move a few feet away, "Hey" I say.

"Hi, Camilla. How are you?"

"Good, great." I say sounding more unsure than I would like to.

His eyebrows furrow for a moment and I ontinue, "I would like to talk to you about something, can we meet after school?"

"I'm sorry, but we'll schedule a date. I'll check my calender and.." he was saying but I cut him off with "No, today. It's important" 

He nods and tells me a few more things about his weekend before I feel the presence of someone coming toward us. I turn and suck in a sharp breath as Niko stops in-front of us. 

"Mila, do you have a minute." he doesn't ask, it's more of a statement that he said looking only at me. His face is devoid of expressions and he completely ignores Anthony.

Before I could answer him, Anthony said, "Niko right? We met the other night." and outstretched his hand toward Niko.

Niko just looks at him, then his hand and tips his head. Annoyance is clear on Niko's face as he turns back to me, "Mila.."

I glanced at Anthony and he looks pissed. He is probably taking Niko's indifference to him as an insult. Anthony tightens his hold on my arm and says, "Her name is Camilla, Princess Camilla to you."