A love song

Next week, just as Miss Perky have said, the gym classes were moved outside at the stadium. I noticed Cameron, Patrick and Michael staring at me from the tribunes. And when they saw I was looking at them with anger they quickly looked away.
   I was stretching my legs when some ball hit my bum. I turned around and saw Patrick with a huge grin on his face. I knew that what he was trying to get from me was a reaction, so I just kicked the ball away and started warming up again.
   Later on that day I was at the book store, looking for art books which I still haven't read. I felt like someone was following me from the next row of books. When I reached the end of the aisle, Patrick confronted me. I looked at him annoyed, but he smiled.
"Excuse me, have you seen "The Feminine Mystique"? I've lost my copy?" Was he for real?
I turned and began to walk away but he didn't give up.
"You are not as cold as you think you are, you know that?"
I stopped at some table with books and started searching for the book.
"And you are not as badass and charming as you think you are."
"Ooo, someone still has their panties in a twist."
I found the book and took it in my hand.
"Don't for one minute think that you had any effect on me or my panties." I handed him the book and headed for the door.
"Then what did I have an effect on?" He called from behind.
"Nothing." I said without bothering to turn around and left the book store.
  The next few days Patrick made silly attempts to gain my attention and we almost ended in detention again.
  But on Friday we were sent to Miss Perky's office for detention. What took me by surprise was that she smiled at us, like she was hoping we will make something again.
"Patrick Verona, Emma James. I missed you the whole week." She opened her laptop, placed her hands on the keyboard and looked up at us. "Well... what did you two do to each other today?" her smile was freaking me out.
"I was having my lunch when out of nowhere he popped from behind me." I started explaining but was cut off by him.
"In my defense I want to say that I was trying to hug her from behind, don't you see how tensed she is? She really needs some comfort. Instead of "thank you" I received a punch in the stomach." He said dramatically.
I sent him a death glare before Miss Perky spoke up.
"Don't tell my colleagues about this, but I think you will need these..." She said and opened her desk locker and pulled out condoms handing them to us. When she saw I was looking at her wide eyed and Patrick was barely holding a laugh she stood up, took my hand and placed the condoms in my hand before returning to her seat.
"I – I..." I was turning crimson and Patrick had his hand on his mouth hiding a smile.
"Don't thank me." She winked at us. "You're free to go."
  We walked out her office and I stared at the nothing, shocked from what just happened. Patrick on the other hand finally broke out into laughs. After a minute I snapped back to reality and looked at him.
"She has a point you know?" He laughed out as he looked back at me.
I took his hand and handed him the condoms, and without a word I turned around to leave.
"Come on, Emma. You know I was joking." He called from behind, but I didn't bother to answer so I just walked away from him.
  In history class he was kicking my chair constantly and in the end I got up and shouted at him. Guess where we were sent to again.
"Well... when I said that I missed you the whole week, I didn't mean "come at my office as much as you can today" you know?" She said when we entered in her office.
She stood up and turned us towards one another so we could be facing each other. Patrick crossed his arms and looked at me a bit pissed off.
"Well?" She paused and looked at Patrick. "One of you must start."
"I am not a desperate horny criminal, so she might like to start explaining why she shouted these words to me." I didn't think he would get so angry of what I called him, true it wasn't kind but I got angry.
"Well, you are not leaving me alone. Maybe this time you will finally consider to stop."
"Don't you think there is a reason behind it, if you just weren't so stubborn all the time and heard me out the first time, maybe I wouldn't be giving you hell so much." He was never so serious.
I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. We stared at one another for a minute until Miss Perky broke the silence.
"Out, you either talk things out between you two or if I see you in my office again I will have no other choice but to transfer you to another class. Now out." She calmly said and opened the door for us to exit.
"Emma, look... I am sorry, I never thought you will be so pissed off." He started when the door behind us closed.
"Save it, Patrick. I don't want to hear it, just please don't bother me anymore I want to end up high school without troubles." I said dully and slowly walked away from him.
I saw my brother walking to me and looking at Patrick.
"What happened this time?"
"Just stop helping him with ways to piss me off, alright? You know how I feel about him. Just because you are in a relationship and everything is alright, doesn't mean you must torture me with Verona." I don't know why I said that but I really was confused and before I could say something that I would regret I walked pass him. Leaving them both behind.
  The next day Cameron went out early in the morning, mum didn't tell me where. After lunch I went upstairs and decided to watch a movie on my laptop with Misha lying beside me on the bed.
  Suddenly I heard someone sing an old love song from outside and when I caught an Australian accent in it I walked to my window and saw Patrick singing and dancing in front of the house. He was running and dancing in a funny way while singing. It flattered me and I couldn't help but smile widely at him. When he saw my smile he started climbing on the tree that was near my window and when he the song was over he was hanging from it and his face was few inches from mine. But before I could say something the branch broke and he fell on the ground.
"Oh my God!" I shouted and ran downstairs. "Patrick!" I called as I opened the door and found him still lying on his back. I knelt down beside him and caressed his face.
"See, not as cold as you think you are." He said with a smile.
He got on his elbows and looked at me. He didn't fall from high but still I thought he would be hurt, luckily he was not.
"So will you come to the prom with me?" He asked, playing cool.
"You're an idiot." I laughed out.
"Well, if being an idiot means finally making you smile again I will be one for the rest of my life." What he said made me blush and before I knew it he caressed my cheek and pulled me in a deep kiss.
In the end we were lying on the grass kissing wildly, until my brother came out. 
"Come on you two! Get a room!" Opening the front door of the house as he shouted to us, Mishka ran to us and started licking Patrick's face.
"Don't get mad, but the reason behind this was so I could be with Misha." He joked and we laughed for a bit until we went inside.