Read my lips

The next morning I got up, put on some tight, low waist jeans, a really short top and a pink polka heart hoodie, some big heart earrings. I decided to use eyeliner today, not only mascara like usually, and lip gloss. The last thing I did was to do my hair and when I was sure I looked like a hot bomb I walked downstairs for breakfast.
"Morning, family." I said and kissed the cheeks of each one.
They exchanged surprised looks and my father decided to speak.
"Morning, sweetie. Do you have something to tell us?" He said seriously.
"Nope, there isn't." I said and took my seat next to Cameron.
"Anything we should know about?" My mum added.
"Nah."
"Are you sure about that?" My dad looked at me with a concerned look.
"Yes." I answered annoyed.
   When we were done, I went to the corridor and put on my high heels ankle boots. Cameron wide eyed me but did not comment.
"So... what's all this about?" He finally asked when we were in the car.
"Huh?"
"Emma, you don't usually dress like that."
"Like what?" I acted dumb.
"Like... a hot Barbie chick. Don't get me wrong, you look good, but it's not like you."
I took a deep breath and explained the whole reason behind this.
"He said what?!" He shouted in the car. "Emma, he is provoking you that way, so he can get what he wants, don't do that!" I laughed at how worried and angry he got.
"Relaaax. I won't do anything of that sort. I am planning to give him hell." I explained shortly.
"You better do, or I will, not to mention Patrick."
"Patrick? What does he has to do with it?"
"Weren't you surprised by the fact that he and Kat did not show up at the party last night?" He was right, they weren't there.
"They broke up two days ago."
"What? Why?" I was hoping that the reason was not the one that I was thinking of.
"Kat said that they don't match, like you and Daniel, and that because they got together so quickly there were many things they did not know about each other and now on the process they see the big differences." He looked at me to see how I will react and when he saw I was speechless he continued. "He did not try to stop her thou. You know he has feelings for you, right?"
I bit my lip and gave a nod.
"They decided to stay friends, after all there were no harsh feelings between them." He added quickly, as if he was reading my mind that I was starting to worry if things get awkward.
"Good..." I said and in few minutes we arrived.
"I see Bianca, I'll catch up with you later." My brother said and left.
I walked alone in the school and I could tell guys were drooling as I was passing them. It made me feel somehow very confident and before I knew it I was walking with my head raised up high and did not care a bit what girls were fussing about. I spotted Patrick, he was more than surprised to see me like that. I just gave him a smile and walked to my locker.
"Nice wig, Emma. What is it made of?" I heard Natasha call from behind. I closed my locker and looked at her. Next to her I was like Dexter standing in front of Barbie, even if I felt like a bombshell at the moment.
"Your mum's chest hair!" I snapped at her and boy did I enjoy her face.
I started walking away, feeling bad to the bone for standing up against the so called Queen Bee, that I smirked to myself.
"Watch your back, virgin." She shouted from behind. Since when "virgin" was an insult?
I slowly turned, not bothering to hide my annoyed face.
"Nice insult, Barbie. Got more?"
"Ask your boyfriend, we spent the whole night together." I admit, what she said shook the ground underneath my feet. "I am sure he will love to tell you how I finished him last night." And again another stab. Snap out of it Emma, she might be just making things up.
"Please, you can barely finish gym class." It was true, even if she was a cheerleader. I think she was in the team just so she could get boys easily. She was getting tired on the tenth minute of our trainings, every single time.
Seeing she had no come back I turned around and took the way to my classroom. Before I entered I spotted Maria walking in the girl bathrooms, and then an idea hit me. I quickly turned around but bumped into someone. Looking up I saw Patrick and with his smile and dimples at me.
"Good morning, girlie." Butterflies, butterflies, flying in my stomach.
"Morning, kangaroo boy." I bit my lip hiding back my smile.
"You're doing it again." He chuckled and pulled my lip from my teeth with his thumb.
"I-I gotta go." I said remembering I had a plan.
   I quickly ran in the toilets and started sobbing. Maria saw me and at first hesitated to do something. I started crying out loud, hiding my face in my palms.
"Are y-you alright?" She finally asked.
"H-he cheated on me!"I cried out. "B-because I told him I wasn't ready... and... and Natasha threw herself at him last night!" I said between the sobs.
"Owh, my." She stared shocked at me. I hugged her out of nowhere and cried even louder. "I am sorry... you know He will punish her for her unholy behavior." I knew who the capital H was. "I am sorry for judging you by the way you look, I guess I was wrong for you." Wow I didn't see that one coming.
  She helped me fix my face and walked out because the bell rang. I stared at myself in the mirror for a while and when I was sure there were no evidences of crying on my face I walked out to my classroom too.
  To my surprise Daniel was there. His eyes got wide when he saw me.
  During class break I walked out the classroom first, not wanting to speak with Daniel, at all. I went to my locker to leave the heavy history book and to pretend I was busy.
"Hey, doll." Feeling arms around my waist, I loudly shut my locker and turned around. "Calm down, petal." He said rising his hands up.
What I hated was that he saw how hurt I was, no matter how hard I tried to hide it.
"Look, about last night..." He breathed out. "You know I was drunk, doll face. And..."
"It's alright. I don't give a damn." I snapped at him. The truth was I did not want to hear him confess he cheated.
"Emma, let me explain..." He tried to speak up but I cut him off.
"Didn't you hear what I said?" I pointed at my lips. "Then read my lips. I don't care."
I walked pass him and headed to our next class.