Chapter 41

When it was time for Bill and Fleur's wedding, Evalyn and Sirius spent the morning helping Molly set up. They set up the tent, Evalyn baked the cake, and they hung decorations. Sirius conjured up a piano to play some music.

The witch was getting ready when there was a soft knock on her door. Sitting in front of a vanity, fixing her hair, she called out "Come in!" Harry, Ron and Hermione walked in. The door closed behind them and they sat on the bed behind her. "What is it?" She caught the look on their faces from the mirror.

Hermione nudged Harry, encouraging him to speak. He fiddled with his sleeves and Evalyn's eyes softened. "I just wanted to tell you that I love you Evie." She locked eyes with Ron through the mirror and he immediately looked elsewhere. That's when she knew.

Instead of scolding them, or insisting they stay, she stood up and walked in front of them. One by one, she hugged each of them, saving the last for Harry. With tears in her eyes, she ran a hand through his messy hair and kissed the top of his head. "Be safe out there. You have grown so much Harry. I am so incredibly proud of you. All three of you."

They gave her sad smiles, "You won't tell anyone right?" Ron piped up causing Hermione to glare at him for ruining the moment.

"I swear on it. But just know if you get yourselves killed, I'll find a way to bring you back and then take you out myself." She tried to lighten the mood. "If you need me, just send word for me. I will come find you." The trio nodded and gave her one last hug before running off.

Evalyn sat back at the vanity to finish getting ready. Sirius walked in, dressed up in a nice muggle suit. His hair was combed back and his beard was freshly groomed. Evalyn blushed at how attractive he was. He smirked and leaned against the vanity, adjusting his cufflinks. "I know, I look hot." He winked at her and placed a finger under her chin to turn her face up at him. "I have to in order to keep up with you. You're the most beautiful witch I have ever seen." He reached for her makeup so he could do her eyeliner. His warm breath sent shivers down her spine as he ran a steady hand over each eyelid. When he finished, her eyes were still closed and he tapped her nose. "Let me see those pretty eyes darling." Her cheeks were a beautiful shade of pink, and her green eyes opened up to meet his. "That is my favorite color." He smiled brightly before pulling her in for a kiss. It was long and slow.

Before she knew it, his arms slid behind her to lift her out of her seat. He turned them around and sat her on the vanity, her back pressed up against the wall. She gasped at the movement, allowing him to slip his tongue into her mouth. Slowly he gathered her dress up and slid it up so he could stand between her legs. His hands gripped her waist as he peppered kisses along her jaw and neck. Evalyn whined when one of his hands pulled at her hair, giving better access to her neck. "Sirius we don't have time." She breathed out, her chest heaved slowly as he pulled away with a grin.

He lifted her off the vanity, and flipped her around. She faced him in the mirror. The smirk on his face made her weak in the knees and the feeling of his fingers trailing up and down her sides sent a desire to her core. "Darling, if you want it, I will make it happen. Whatever your heart desires." Her legs clenched together at the sound of his voice. She gave him a shy smile and a nod, confirming what she wanted.

As he said, he made it happen. They were able to make it down to the wedding just in time to file in to their seats. Sirius sat on the edge, his hand placed on Evalyn's thigh. Next to her was Regulus who looked at the couple and rolled his eyes. Evalyn looked at him and silently questioned him. Instead of answering verbally, he took out his wand and subtly swished it while pointing at his own neck. Evalyn flushed red while Sirius wore a proud smile.

After the ceremony, everyone was dancing or talking. It was truly beautiful. Evalyn had worn a dark blue dress with thin straps that hugged tight to her curves and black gloves that went up a little past her elbows. It had a slit up one side so she could access her wand holster easily. Instead of heels, she wore flats. Her hair was plaited back nicely. Sirius had kissed her cheek before strutting over to the piano. She gasped when he started singing The One by Elton John. It had become one of his favorites to sing to her while they were at home. His eyes found her through the crowd of people as his fingers found the right keys on the piano. Slowly everyone started dancing. Regulus held out his hand for Evalyn to take, and she looked towards Sirius again who just smiled and nodded.

As his voice rang through the area, Regulus twirled Evalyn around the dance floor, occasionally stopping her so she could look at Sirius. The man would wink at her every time she would look in his direction. However, just as he was on the last verse, a patronus lit up the tent.

"The ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."

It was complete chaos. Several people disapparated just as Death Eaters arrived. Evalyn notice Harry, Ron and Hermione leave safely causing her to breathe out a sigh of relief. It was brief however, because Regulus pushed her towards Sirius, knowing she is next on their list. Remus shouted at the three to escape, so Sirius grabbed both her and Regulus and disapparated.

They had landed in the backyard of a nice house. It was smaller than a manor but bigger than a regular cottage. There was a garden of daisies leading to a little pond. A swingset was built right next to the house. "We can't just leave them!" Evalyn screamed tried to go back. Regulus snatched her wand away while Sirius pulled her into his chest.

"We have to love, they will be okay. We just need to lay low for a while. I've already talked to Moony and the Weasley's about it."

She sighed and then turned back around to look at their surroundings. "Where are we?"

"Well I wanted to show you under better circumstances. But this is home." He waved his arm out gesturing to the place. "Me and Reggie picked it out while you were at Hogwarts. We've been working on fixing it up."

Evalyn looked at her two boys and smiled. "It's beautiful."

Sirius lifted her up and carried her inside. "It has enough rooms for us, Reggie and then Harry if he ever wanted to stay over." He paused and nearly dropped Evalyn. "Wait where's Harry? Did you see if he was able to leave?"

She wriggled out of his arms and avoided his gaze. "He left with Ron and Hermione."

"Do you know where they went? We should probably get them." He reached for his wand that was in his pocket but Evalyn stopped him.

Just as she was about to explain that they couldn't, Arthur's patronus showed up.

"Go into hiding. They are asking for information on Evalyn and Harry. Do not reach out. We are being watched."