Chapter 35

"I think I fancy Ginny." Harry skipped a rock into the Black Lake. Evalyn stood next to him trying to skip her own rock but failing miserably.

"You think?" She dusted her hands off on her pants before an idea popped into her mind. A small oval shaped rock was conjured in the palm of her hand and she tossed it at the water. Using her magic, the rock bounced across the lake several times before sinking.

Harry eyed her skeptically, "That's cheating" he pointed a finger at her before sending another rock. "But yes, I think so."

"Are you going to do something about it?" She pointed a finger at the water where Harry's rock was skipping and the water seemed to jump and swallow it. Evalyn sent a smug smirk his way.

"I don't know yet, Ron might not be a fan of it."

"Who knows? Maybe he would be ecstatic. Your father was overjoyed when me and Siri finally got together. Reggie on the other hand, didn't like it at first." Evalyn took a seat underneath a tree. The shade offered a nice relief from the sun. Her hand found a root nearby and she held onto it. A warm glow came from her fingertips and the tree grew just enough to provide a bit more coverage. She leaned back and closed her eyes. "Do what makes your heart happy Hazzah."

"You're right, maybe I'll go for it." He grabbed his bag and his wand before starting to walk away. "Don't stay out here too late, you shouldn't be by yourself." Evalyn's eyes were still closed as she lifted a hand to wave him off.

In the distance she heard a commotion. She squinted over and seen two students picking on another one. None of their wands were drawn so she wasn't too concerned about the situation. Still she flicked her wrist in their direction and the two bullies managed to trip over a root that had sprouted from the ground. They fell onto their faces and the students surrounding them started to laugh.

"Are you even an adult?" Draco scoffed before plopping down next to her. Theo and Blaise followed suit, each boy surrounding her on the grass.

"I haven't a clue what you're talking about Mr. Malfoy." Her head lolled over to the side and she gave him an innocent smile. Without him noticing, she picked up on the fact that he chose to wear long sleeves despite the warm weather.

Theo wriggled excitedly in his spot, and everyone could tell he wanted to ask something. Evalyn sat up and turned her full attention on him. "What else can you do? Can you show us?" Blaise nodded his head while slipping off his robes and laying them neatly beside him.

She sighed and held her palm out. All three sets of the boys' eyes were trained on it. First was what came easiest to her. Fire. A tiny ball of fire formed, she started twirling it between her fingers. When it went out, her hand went to the grass and a moment later, several daises popped up and bloomed right in front of their faces. Draco picked one up and examined it closely. In his distraction, he didn't notice her hand gesture towards him. A little breeze blew past him, messing up his hair. It swirled around the group before winding itself up into a tiny tornado in the palm of her hand. The last one is her favorite. She had been working on it the past few months. Summoning some water from the lake, her hands twisted around shaping the small body of water into a bird. It flew around each of their heads as if it were real.

"That's wicked" Theo breathed out. "I think you are my new role model. Originally, it was Viktor Krum, but he was a bit of a knob head." He shrugged and watched the form of water be sent back to the lake.

Draco brought it back to his originally conversation, "So you tripped the students over there?"

Her green eyes sparkled with mischief. "I believe they tripped over a root, I am all the way over here. That would be ridiculous." Draco rolled his eyes and smiled. He knew of her powers. He's heard the Death Eaters talk about her at the meetings. About what she can do. This little example was nothing compared to her full potential. Part of him hoped she could be at the school if he got the cabinet fixed. She'd offer the best hope for the students. However, the selfish part of him wants to warn her and send her far away. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if she got captured because of him.

Towards the end of April, Evalyn found herself wandering the corridors to make sure no students were out where they weren't supposed to be. Lo and behold, Harry Potter came running around the corner with a wild look on his face. She grabbed the collar of his shirt, pulling him backwards as he tried to zoom straight past her. "And what are you doing Harry?" The witch raised an eyebrow at him.

He impatiently wriggled free from her grasp. "I'm on my way to see Hagrid. Funeral business. I'll see you later." He took off running again before she could even argue. Evalyn just shrugged and turned back the other way. She simply did not want to be involved in the antics today.

Author's note:

A bit shorter today, thank you all for reading this far.

I will be starting a James Potter story soon. I have some ideas for it already.

I'm going to finish this one out still. I have honestly fallen in love with Evalyn's character and the growth she's had and I'm a sucker for her and Sirius' relationship. I'll be sad when it is done. <3