Chapter 47

A few days after Remus left, it stormed. The rain pattered against the windows and occasionally lightning would brighten up the dreary sky. The weather seemed to be in tune with Evalyn. Her mind played flashes of the torture on repeat. Voldemort's eyes were burned into her brain. It was like she was trapped in an endless cycle of pain. Claws grasping at her, the taste of the potion poured down her throat that made her feel like she was on fire, knives digging into her skin. This one in particular was a different nightmare. It wasn't something that actually occurred, but her mind decided to play games on her.

Voldemort had her on display. Bright and center in the middle of his followers. The serpent like wizard circled her with an unsettling grin, his hand caressing her cheek. She wore a black gown with a matching crown. Her eyes were cold and hard as she looked amongst the crowd. "Evalyn has finally decided to join me at my side." The death eaters made no movement. "Kneel." The dark lord stood behind her, his hands gripping onto her shoulders. One by one they kneeled before her. Her eyes were emotionless as they looked at Draco who had a terrified expression on his face. "I have a surprise for you doll." The doors opened and 4 bodies were dragged in. Bloody and barely hanging onto life. Sirius Black. Regulus Black. Remus Lupin. And Harry Potter. They were all pushed down to their knees in front of her. All 4 men looked up to her in horror.

"Please Lynnie. Please don't do this. Come back to me." Sirius cried. Regulus refused to look at her again, choosing to focus on the ground. Remus pushed his body protectively in front of Harry. The Potter son wriggled in the death eater's grasp. Voldemort leaned down to Evalyn's ear, talking loud enough for the men in front to hear clearly.

"I've captured these four just for you. I believe they have been reckless with how they have treated you. Using your loyalty to their favor. Always taking from you, never giving back. Running you into the ground with their careless acts of bravery." Evalyn looked down her nose at the four who were once her family. "Tell me, what would you like done with them?"

She hesitated and there was a shining light of hope in their eyes as she took a moment. However two words crushed all of their hopes that they'd be free. Evalyn took two steps forward and placed her hand under Sirius' chin. Her thumb brushed a trickle of blood softly. "Kill them."

The sound of their screams is what finally woke Evalyn. She gasped and shot straight up in bed at the same time as lightning struck the coast nearby. Sirius and Regulus bolted up to their feet, meeting her side. Sirius brushed wild curls out of her face as she panted and looked around wildly. "Lynnie I need you to focus, listen to my voice." Sirius tried talking smoothly to her as he rubbed her back. She was still in a frantic state and his voice sounded like an echo in the distance. After a few moments of her not being able to find her ground, the weather worsened.

Regulus looked at his brother for a brief moment and muttered an apology. He sat in front of her on the bed cross legged and snapped his fingers in front of her. She looked like she was about to start fighting anything and everything in the room and Regulus saw no other choice. He smacked her. Hard enough to catch her attention, but not hard enough to where it left a mark. Sirius glared at him. "Bloody hell Reg! You didn't have to do that!"

At the sound of his voice this time she turned to face her husband. The familiar grey eyes that had always brought her joy and comfort. The ones she associated with home. Slowly she blinked, just taking in the fact that he is in front of her. Tears welled up in her eyes. "Siri?" She whispered.

His eyes softened and he nodded. Tears forming in his own eyes. "Yes Lynnie, it's me." In a flash, she was in his arms. Her legs wrapped around his waist and her arms around his neck. Her hands ran through the curls at the nape of his neck as she sobbed in his arms. He kissed the top of her head and held her close. His heart raced and the only thing he could think about was that she was awake and in his arms where he could keep her safe. Never again would he lose her. Anyone that harmed her would have to pay and he wouldn't stop until he got his revenge.

Regulus sat patiently, letting them have their moment. When he first caught on to the silly crush his brother had on Evalyn, he hated it. He despised the idea of him taking her away from him. But in this moment, he thought about how silly it was to think that way. They were a perfect match. The way they balanced each other out. She brought peace to his chaos and he brought out the confidence in her. If only he wasn't stupid enough to believe the words his parents pushed on him back then. He wouldn't have lost his brother. He wouldn't have lost Evalyn. He wouldn't have dragged his love down the dark path that he had taken.

Sirius brushed some strands of curls behind her ears and pulled her into a kiss. "I love you Lynnie."

"I love you too Sirius." Now that her emotions settled down, the weather slowly died down. She looked around the room and smiled when she saw Regulus. She crawled over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Reg."

"I'm sorry E. I should have fought back harder."

She shushed him and gripped at the back of his shirt. His tears wet her shoulder but she didn't care. "Don't Reggie, don't ever apologize. If I ever have the chance to save you, I will do it. Both of you." Evalyn looked to Sirius, whose eyes never left her. She sat back but groaned in pain. The adrenaline finally wore off and the pain from her wounds started to set in. Sirius helped her to lay back while Regulus went to get Fleur.

"You're going to have to tell me what happened love." Sirius spoke quietly as he brushed his fingers through her hair. Evalyn nodded and closed her eyes. A deep breath escaped her lips.

"I will, but I don't want Reggie to hear. He feels guilty enough, and once I'm healed fully I will talk to him about it."

"I thought you were gone Lynnie. I almost stormed the bloody manor myself to get you back."

Evalyn snorted, despite it not really being a joke. "I'm right here Pads."

He pulled a strand of hair and twisted it around his fingers. "When the war gets bad, I need you to stay right next to me."

"It's not like I'm going to run away love." She smiled softly.

"I'm serious Lynnie." She was about to make the joke but his face told her she shouldn't. "There will be a battle, and I need to have you by my side. I cannot lose you again. I'll go mad. And at that point, war be damned, I'll stop anyone who gets in my way when I try to get you back."

Evalyn grabbed his hand and pressed her lips to his knuckles. "I'll be right next to you. I promise Pads."

Fleur walked into the room with Regulus trailing behind her. Her French accent rang through the room, "You boys leave, give the girl some privacy." Both of the men pouted but trudged out of the room regardless. The witch smiled kindly at Evalyn after the door shut.

"I'll check over your injuries and get you some tea." Now that the boys had left, Evalyn allowed herself to frown. She looked up to the ceiling and blinked away the tears. Fleur put a comforting hand on her forearm. "Why don't you talk about it? Get it out of your system while you're talking to someone with a level mind?"

With a sigh, Evalyn nodded.