Chapter 5

Unable to go to Hogsmeade for Halloween weekend, Harry skulked about the castle. Remus and Evalyn, who were walking around invited him to join. The date was rough on all 3 of them. They shared memories of his parents with him. The time passed rather quickly after that. Soon the students returned and they ate dinner. Evalyn had taken the time to chat with students from each of the tables. As they started to return to their common rooms for the night, the Gryffindors were met with trouble. Sirius Black attacked the Fat Lady.

Dumbledore ordered the students to sleep in the Great Hall that night while teachers and prefects patrolled. Students looked at Evalyn with mixed emotions. Snape whispered heatedly with Dumbledore. "How do you know it wasn't one of them? I tried to tell you it was a bad idea to have them. You can't trust her and you can't trust something like him." Evalyn brushed by him, making the Potions professor turn to look at her with a scowl. "Mind telling us where your husband is, I assume you let him in?"

Before she could speak, Draco walked over. "Professor Snape, you can't seriously expect me to sleep on the floor next to these twats? My father will be hearing about this." Snape deadpanned at the child who crossed his arms and stared at the man expectantly.

While muttering under his breath, Snape grabbed Draco's shoulder to lead him to the Slytherins. The young boy looked back at Evalyn and gave a small nod. It dawned on her that that was his way of repaying her for that day in the hospital wing. She turned to the headmaster and whispered, "I swear, I have nothing to do with this." It truly confused her why he would go to such extreme measures to get into the Gryffindor Tower.

"I know Evalyn, but it's probably best you stay here with the kids." He turned away and she was met with Remus.

She let out a shaky breath and he pulled her outside the doors, away from everyone's eyes. "I didn't know, I swear to you." Her hands toyed with the frayed ends of her sleeves. The werewolf pulled her in for a hug, resting his head on top of hers.

"I know Evalyn." That night, no other signs of Sirius Black were found.

Emotions ran high as Evalyn got ready for the quidditch match. James would be so proud to see Harry playing the sport, and from what she heard, the kid is probably even better than his father. She was torn between supporting her former house or her godson's team. Remus tapped on her door and she pulled it open with a huff. "I don't know what to wear."

He rolled his eyes and flicked his wand. Her jumper was transformed to a Gryffindor one, but then he painted yellow and black streaks under her eyes. In her braids, she tied one with a red, and one with a bright yellow. She tucked her wand into a wrist holster and the two went out to the stands.

The match was exciting, the two sat on the edge of their seats watching Harry. However, the air grew cold. Evalyn grew uneasy as Harry and Cedric flew higher into a foggy sky after the snitch. Cedric came back down, but Harry had not been seen. She looked at Remus briefly in worry before several gasps went around. Her head whipped back to the sky and her mouth fell open at all the dementors in the sky. A limp body came falling from the sky and Evalyn rushed to her feet, not noticing that a warm flicker of magic washed over her. She bolted down the stairs, yanking out her wand just as Dumbledore stopped Harry's fall.

Before she could get down to the ground, Remus pulled her aside out of view. He threw his robes over her and covered her hair up. "Remus what are you doing I have to get to Harry!!" She squealed and tried to wiggle out of his grasp.

"Evalyn you need to calm down!" He whispered yelled. Evalyn froze and glared up at him.

"Calm down?!" The werewolf gulped as fiery golden eyes flashed at him. The look of worry he had made Evalyn stop.