Nine (Theo)

I kept my eyes shut for a while, even after I had woken up. I noticed cold air surrounding me. Damien had removed my wet clothes while I was out and covered my lower half with a blanket. I didn't want Damien to begin criticizing me before I was ready to handle it. I wanted to speak with my dad and get some much-needed clarity. I'm not sure what went wrong in the ritual, but it didn't work. Either I messed up the ritual or Damien pulled me out of it far too early.

I decided to start opening my eyes and confront things head-on. Damien had more than likely sat guard over me all night.

"Hey, are you feeling okay?" Damien says in a soft, hushed tone.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm really sorry, Damien. I was conflicted, with much hate for a lot of people who lied to me my whole life. Part of me also wants to crave all the power I can get."

"Well, the good thing is it didn't work. You can't go back after something like that," Damien replies.

"I want to speak to my father and understand things more. As much as I hate him, I think I need to," I said.

Damien nods in reply.

"I've seen angels do astral projection before. Maybe it's something I can learn. It would be far better than talking to him about things in person."

"I can't teach you that though, Theo. It can be dangerous to learn such things. If you are so eager to learn your abilities and your angel ones as well, maybe we need to find an angel we can trust to help you," Damien says.

I found his eagerness to push me towards learning angel abilities odd. I think it's Damien's way of trying to push me in a direction where I can't use blood magic or any dark magic for that matter. I know it's coming from a caring place, but it's part of being an entity, and many angels and demons do these things, and I should be able to as well. I think with time Damien will learn to loosen up, especially since blood magic is all part of the demon's way of life. I do remember an angel who my dad was friends with; he was a spy for the angels. He grew close to my dad in order to try and cut down on my dad's angel blood dealings. This angel ended up double-crossing my dad too early. The angel busted an angel blood lab, and it ended up being only one of hundreds, and the angel disappeared. His name is Ashraf. If I could summon the angel, I could speak with him and try to have him help me with my angel abilities.

"Damien, I know an angel I think we can trust to teach me my angel abilities," I said.

"If you are sure we can trust them, I am open to it, but if one thing feels off, I'm sending that angel to hell," Damien replies. Damien then stands up, adding, "We will talk more in the morning; why don't you get some rest."

Damien shuts the lights off and takes his seat back on the sofa, watching me. I know he will be up all night watching over me. I slowly drift asleep, knowing I'm safe in Damien's care.

**Time jump 8 hours**

My eyes begin to open as the sun seeps in through the windows. Damien lifts his head, meeting me with a smile.

"Good morning, love. Feeling any better?" Damien says.

I grunt as I feel my body has grown sore overnight.

Damien lets out a laugh. "I'll make you coffee and bring you some ibuprofen."

I begin to sit up straight, zoning out as I recall last night. Though the ritual had been unsuccessful, I felt like my power had grown, like I had more of it than before.

Damien finishes making coffee and walks over to me. "Open," Damien says, holding the ibuprofen in front of me.

I open my mouth, and he places the ibuprofen inside my mouth. He smiles. I take the mug of coffee from him and wash the pill down while Damien intently watches.