Profanities were muttered.

Hands were raised.

But one sentence struck him a lot,

"You were born on our doom Tristan!

The reason for our fcking doom!"

No shit, when Alice was 4 months long with Tristan, Christain's company, a pharmaceutical production brand, had seen one of its worst lowest phases and layoffs.

It was on the verge of closing.

But somehow, right after Tristan's birth, it had picked up its pace, to make itself one of the top three medicinal companies in today's time.

His father always told him of how much a lucky charm he was to him, for Tristan's birthday always meant that they would strike the biggest deal for that year.

His mother had continued her silent treatment for a week.

It was in one of those rarest moments of weakness of moments that he promised himself that his siblings would always know, that their elder brother would always look out for them

In the present, standing in the same place, for the same reason, but for a different person, he saw his father fill out and sign the required documents and pay the fine.

All the while smiling assuring Shannon that mistakes happen and not to repeat them.

Which he would say was quite hilarious as she swore on everything, she owned by herself, (none of it bought by her own money) that she would be careful.

A careless mistake on her end.

But reassuring words from her father and a calming hug from her mother were all the consequences she had that day.

But would it make him a bad brother if he was jealous, or felt maybe he somewhere deserved those redeemed versions of his parents that his sister has?

-------------------------------------------------

Sawyer Benneth's study had been as cold and uninviting as his demeanor in the business world which screamed for nobody to mess.

Walls draped in white elegant wallpapers, windows overlooking the lush green back garden having various exotic plants.

The couch and tea table are situated below the window overlooking the back garden.

Age-old, finely made, and beautifully carved wooden desk pushed in the corner.

The visitor chairs were covered in black and white leather and were more comfortable than they appeared.

Enid sat in one such seat of her father's office at their home.

Squirming in discomfort under the scrutinizing gazes of her parents, who sat there assessing her with their cold and calculative gazes.

"May I know why there was a call from your school telling me that you have been detained in the school?"

Asked Sawyer, his voice having an edge of sternness to it.

"Or just tell me why have you been skipping your biology lesson with Ms. Darcy?"

She just remained silent.

"Fcking answer me, Enid!" he screamed in her face.

Enid flinched, while her mother just scoffed.

"I told you, Enid, I expect nothing less than perfection from you, and this how what you give me!"

"Worthless! Just utterly worthless!