(Chapter 3) Part 16: Physical Therapy

Nearic huffs a small laugh as he smiles, he nods to his father appreciating, said toy nods back, Dan then says, "Are we not going to talk about the fact he can already move his legs?"

Dogday, Hoppy, and Nearic all laugh before the canine replies, "I'm a toy young man, I'm more fluff and cotton stuffing than flesh, but enough of the latter to be alive and sentient."

Hoppy looks to the lawyer-in-training, "In other words, this is normal."

Dan nods, "Got it."

Nearic then looks to his aunt, saying quietly, "Help him up?" coughing a little afterward.

Hoppy nods, "I was planning on it."

She then situates herself to the dog's right and holds a hand out to him, Dogday props himself up with his elbows before reaching up and grabbing hold of her hand. Hoppy grabs his shoulder and very slowly raises herself to a crouch instead of sitting, before slowly bringing him up, the canine groaning as he moves his right leg to below him, but when he tries to push himself up with his legs, he cries out and falters. Hoppy has to quickly warp an arm around his torso and lay him back down to not hurt him further, the cry also had Dan on his feet and Nearic reflexively pushing himself to his feet, a hand on a console behind him.

Dan sighs, "Guess he can't walk yet." Dogday whimpers.

Hoppy pats his arm, "Not your fault, we'll figure this out."

Nearic nods and adds, "Yeah, just re-" but his sore throat has him coughing again.

Dan walks over to his brother and pats his back, "Maybe you should rest too, have some water."

Dogday looks over to them, "I'm sorry."

Nearic growls softly, making Dogday's ears perk up, "Did you just-"

Hoppy claps, "OKAY! How about you two take a break and we move on to the Counselor's Office?"

Dan looks at her, "No way, and leave the injured alone, that's stupid!"

Hoppy retorts, "It's not like staying here for Dogday to recover enough to walk is a good idea either, we'd be sitting ducks to be slaughtered."

Dan replies, "Well we're not leaving them alone as he explore uncharted territory, who knows how long we'll be in there."

The two continue to argue as Nearic looks down in thought, "As much as Aunty's idea is unappealing, it might be our best bet for Dogday to heal faster, and still be useful." He looks at his father's laying form, "But they wouldn't go the Counselor's office."

Nearic takes off his backpack slowly, wincing at the pain in his arm, as he asks, "Dad," the canine looks at him, "Where would we find medical supplies the easiest." Dan and Hoppy quiet as they look between them.

Dogday looks up at the ceiling in thought, "Hm, that's a good question. I think the safest bet would be anywhere that has been isolated the most out of Playcare, so... something like-"

Dan exclaims, "The school!" the toys look at him, "That whole building was closed off from the rest of the school, and out of everywhere else we've been, that one had the least number of dead toys, meaning not many went there."

Nearic nods as he says hoarsely, "Get both of you, go to the school and get pain meds. It'll help dad walk and heal so we can continue going through Playcare."

Hoppy nods, "Alright, but what about you two?"

Nearic open the bag to take out some food (the sight getting Dogday's undivided attention) along with two water bottles, one of them being a full plastic one, "We'll rest. He'll eat and have some water, and so will I."