(Chapter 3) Part 5: Parkour & Puzzles

Steps from the backroom is heard by Nearic, causing him to quickly wipe at his eyes to rid them of his tears, before looking over as both Dan and Nearic leave the room. The older brother wearing the GrabPack 2.0 with a small frown while Hoppy wears Nearic's backpack, both hands zipped inside.

Nearic hops down and asks, "Ready to go?"

Hoppy puts her hands on her hips, her big smile sharpening on one side as a smirk, "Yep, but your brother has something to say before we do, I'm going to look around to see where we need to go." Then starts immediately walking off.

Nearic looks at his brother, who has his hands in his pockets obviously ashamed of something (most likely what he said), before finally speaking, "Look, I'm sorry I called him that, I didn't mean to offend you like that."

The younger brother closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "I know you didn't mean to offend me, but you did mean to offend him." Dan looks away, "But I am going to tell you this, being called a monster is nothing new to him, and I hate it."

Dan nods, "I know, again I'm sorry."

Nearic rubs his forehead, "I'm not the one to apologise to Dan, I know he's watching us, he's good at watching from the shadows, and I can bet that he heard you. Apologize to him when this is over, promise me."

The older sighs, but relents, "Okay, I promise."

Nearic smiles with a nod, "Good, thank you."

Hoppy walks back, "Nothing anywhere else, I have no idea where to continue."

The younger brother looks down in thought, before immediately seeing the purple hand pad on the ground, he blinks, "Uh, found it."

Both Dan and Hoppy blink before looking down at the pad, "Huh."

The older brother tilts his head, "It looks bigger than the other scan pads." Then fires his purple hand at it... only to be sent high up into the air, "AH, Holy shit!" he quickly grabs onto the closest thing he can, which is the catwalk above them all, "Oh my god, that was surprising!"

He then quickly clambers up and stands, and upon looking forward, sees an open doorway to follow through, "I think we go this way, there's a path forward up here!"

Hoppy nods, "Got it, nice work kid!" she then looks down at Nearic, "Ready?"

Knowing where she's going with this, he smirks, "Yep."

Hoppy then picks him up, careful not to squeeze his right arm, before wall jumping up onto the catwalk, "Alright," she drops Nearic down, "let's get going!"

They walk through the doorway and enter a large warehouse-like room, the path to the left being completely blocked by rubble, while the path to the right leads to some stairs. Hoppy takes point as Dan and Nearic follow behind her, Dan watching the path to keep an eye on where they're going, while Nearic watches their surroundings, hoping (or not, he's not really sure) to see Catnap, so he can at least know they're being truly watched. Turning a corner after the stairs, they see another purple on the floor just before a raised ground level, Hoppy just walks up it like a step on stairs, Dan uses the pad to get over it, while Nearic wall jumps from the left to get over.

Once over, they all see another pad, this one before a large gap of collapsed floor, Hoppy runs out before hopping to the left wall, wall running over to the other side, Dan runs after her and uses the pad to jump over the gap, Nearic steps back as far as the ledge of the higher floor, before running forward as fast as he can and hoping over to the left wall, running himself over the gap like his Aunt.

Dan looks to the left and sees another pad before a gap ahead, along with something else. He narrows his eyes as he walks over and sees a large pool of red liquid in the room, emanating red smoke as vapors, "Uh, guys, you'll want to take a look at this!"