(Chapter 2) Part 8: The Final Game

She lets out a monstrous roar as she falls from the hole, intending to crush them into the ground. However, Nearic acts facts and tackles his brother back just as Mommy hits the ground, but he doesn't stop as he quickly rolls to his feet and practically drags Dan back a safe distance from her. Knowing this to be a good time as any, he secretly gets his phone to record her from his hoodie's pocket, the camera slightly pocking out unnoticeably.

Mommy then yells with an angry frown, "I asked you to play fair, and you cheated, I HATE cheaters!"

Nearic extends a hand forward as Dan gets up, both of them slowly stepping away from her as Nearic says, "Mo- Ms. Long Legs, please!"

She ignore him as she says, "So, we're going to play; One. Last. Game!"

Nearic yells, "Wait, please, let's talk about this! You don't have to kill us, maybe me, for abandoning you all those years ago, but not him!" he points to Dan, "He didn't do anything wrong, I left, I abandoned this place, chase me, attack me. But please, don't hurt him!"

She smiles sinisterly as slowly stretches her fingers, arms, and legs, replying, "Oh, well that's entirely up to you, because our last game is called; Hide.... And... SEEK!" her pupils expanding to the point you can't see her irises, "10..."

The gate then opens behind them, Nearic orders, "Run." Shutting off his recording and putting his phone away.

Mommy continues to count down as the boys run for their literal lives, Nearic vaulting over the railing on the first flight of stairs they encountered, Nearic lands on the second to last flight of stairs as Dan jumps over the railing as well. Nearic continues to run as Dan finally lands, running after him closely, but when seeing rumble on the ground, the younger brother runs faster, hops over the railing again, then bounces off the wall over the rubble while Dan vaults over the railing. They keep running as fast as they can, hoping over some knocked over barrels, before they realize that Mommy has stopped counting, immediately cowering behind come crates and covering their mouths.

They wait there, listening intently to hear her... but nothing happens, Nearic peaks past the crates slowly, looking everywhere he can, but doesn't see the murderous toy anywhere, "I think... I think we lost her, for now."

Dan sighs in relief as he slumps against the wall, "Oh thank god."

Nearic huffs, "Yeah, but let's not press our luck, we need to keep moving."

Dan nods, "Agreed, she'll find us sooner or later, so let's try to get out of her domain." Pulling out a flashlight, they look around as they traverse the darkened sectors of the factory, "This part of the place looks dead."

Nearic in agreement, "Probably because it is."

Dan chuckles, "You're probably right."

Everything they passed in the part of the facility looked either extremely withered, or broken, even the walls were broken for so long they're rubble was turning to powder. Eventually, they reached a room where the path was blocked off by wooden planks, but there were stairs that they took to keep going, reaching a hole in the wall that they passed through. Reaching a room filled with pipes and concrete pillars, and after reaching the other end of the room, they see another hole in the wall.

Dan frowns, "This place is more of a wreck than we firs thought, huh?"

Nearic nods, "Yeah."

They walk through the hole and falling down a vent right after, landing into some sort of hallway. The path is long and dark, so after a few seconds of walking they reach the end, turning right afterward to continue, Dan shifts uncomfortably, the light mimicking his movements.