(Chapter 3) Part 20: The Counselor's Office Ep. 3

Looking around the room, they find no other way forward, except for the vent cover above the desk. Dogday reaches up and pulls it open, a key falling out and hitting the canine in the face, making him flinch back as it hits the ground. Nearic giggles as Dan reaches down and picks up the key, seeing it being a medium sized key with a white painted handle, he then leaves the room and walks back to the locked door, the others following after him.

Dan inserts the key and unlocks the door, swinging it open, "There we go."

Hoppy then repeats, "Onwards!" the small squad walking through the doorway.

As soon as Nearic turns the corner, he freezes. There's a small hallway that leads to a case of stairs, leading to a much longer hallway, papers, garbage, and broken items all over the floor... and a CraftyCorn cutout standing just before the stairs, her signature smile and slightly shy posture visible for him to stare at.

Dogday and Hoppy walk up next to him and see the cutout for themselves, Hoppy deflating a bit at the thing, "Why..."

Dan crosses his arms, "Want to listen, we were to much in a hurry to listen to Bobby's, and we sure as hell didn't need to listen to yours Dogday."

Everyone stays silent as they think it over, before Nearic walks up and presses the button, "H-hi... I'm CraftyCorn. Can you help me with my painting? Pass me the blue, Please!"

Dan looks at hos brother, "Nearic?"

He presses it again, "Thanks! Now, can you give me some red?" he presses it again, "More red, please!" he presses it again, "Out?... But we can't be out."

Nearic takes a deep breath, Hoppy saying, "Here we go."

Nearic presses it again, "You're hiding more red from me... I know you are." Her voice sounding slightly agitated.

Dan says, "Wow, she must really like her re-" Nearic presses it again.

CraftyCorn saying, "GIVE IT HERE!" before a short scream sound makes them all flinch.

Dan sighs and shakes his head, starting to walk away, but Nearic presses it again, CraftyCorn's voice saying, "Ah! Now that's MUCH better."

Dan stops and turns around, looking at the cutout with wide eyes, Hoppy and Dogday both staring at it in complete surprise and shock, while Nearic has his mouth slightly agape as he slowly moves his hand away from the cutout, "She's alive..."

A beat of silence follows, only for Nearic to repeat, "She's alive." His voice full of life and relief.

Dan exclaims, "HOW?! We heard a voice line from Picky that she ate the unicorn, you were even there!" pointing at Hoppy.

The bunny quickly shrugs, "I know! Last I saw was Picky eating CraftyCorn's arm, nothing else remaining!"

Nearic looks at his aunt, "Was there a blood trail, was there any remnants of Aunty C.C still there when you last saw Picky?" he asks hastily.

She shales her head, "No, it was just the arm, and a big splotch of blood all over the floor, like she was consumed entirely."

Dogday then says, "Then, she must've escaped." The other three look at him, "Picky's a messy eater, we all know this," Dan denies this, "There's no way that Picky had left absolutely no trace of Crafty if she was eaten entirely... maybe a horn, or a piece of her pendant... but nothing? She must've escaped."

Nearic points at his father, "And the last voice line must've been her patching up her shoulder, the voice lines are obviously altered... so that cheeriness could've actually have been relief."

Dan nods, "Yeah, but why the hell would Catnap let this be recorded and installed. Why would he give us hope?"

The youngest huffs, "It's not for us, I bet it's for him to know that more than one had escaped and survived what he was coerced into doing... I know it." Glaring at the ground.