(Chapter 3) Part 12: Red Light, Dead Light

Nearic runs out of the generator room, moves around the cubicles, and turns out into the hall, booking it to the battery socket for the gate, "I hate this place, I hate this place, I hate this place!"

He then hears loud thumping as he makes it halfway, and glancing back shows his aunt running out of the room too, following her nephew's lead. He looks back ahead just as he reaches the gate, and slides to a stop and throws the battery into the socket, making the gate slowly rise.

Nearic looks back with his aunt, "Gate's rising, you're clear!"

Upon getting the 'all clear,' he starts slowly backing up, Ms. Delight's eyes following him as he does, but when he passes the door (the frame of it blocking his line of sight of her) he books it out of there, the clacking of her heels following him as he runs. Thankfully, when he gets out into the hallway, he sees the rabbit and his brother watching his side of the hallway intensely, making him smile a little.

Eventually, the clacking behind him stops, indicating that she's past the gateway and in line of sight of the others. He doesn't stop running and passes them, turning left from the fence just past the newly opened gate and makes his way to the other wall, stopping at the corner just before it.

He looks back, "There's close corners here!"

Nearic nods, "I'll move to you once Aunty Scotch clears, I'll watch her from there, go!" Hoppy hesitates for a second, glancing at her nephew, before running after Dan.

Once he hears them both round the corner, he turns and runs to the wall on his right, stopping just at the end before looking back, the clacking of her heels still sounding from the other hallway. Eventually, she makes it to the gate and freezes as soon as she enters the young man's line of sight, who smiles at her.

Dan leaves the room he entered that was close to the corner, then rounds the next corner to see the next gate they have to pass, a receiver connected to it by cables, "I need to power this with the port in that room, but we have to time it right, so we don't give Ms. Delight time to advance too much."

Hoppy leaves the room and looks back, "Then I'll keep and eye out for her, and you power the gate when Junior is halfway here."

Dan nods, "Sounds like a plan." Before walking over and peering into the room.

Hoppy steps back to the wall and calls out, "Junior, run this way, I got her!"

Nearic takes a deep breath as he stares at Ms. Delight's cracked face, her flesh and muscle now easily visible with her in the light, and finally close enough to see the details, before booking it left. He runs through the hallway as Dan readies his green hand, firing it when Nearic's close enough before turning around and powering the gate.

Nearic passes his aunt as he calls out, "You're good!" and runs through the gateway.

She then quickly runs to the left and passes the gate before looking back down the hallway, "Keep going, I'll watch her!"

Dan nods, "Alright, don't lose sight of her!" before turning left into a classroom, following his brother.

Ms. Delight finally rounds the corner, with Hoppy replying, "Don't plan to!"

The brothers run through the room and turn right, quickly seeing a power port ahead of them at the end of the hall, a cable leading to a gate on the left. They both run forward and reach the other end, Dan quickly grabbing the charge and looking right, slapping the green hand to the receiver he quickly notices.

Dan turns around as Nearic calls out, "Next gate's open, turn right after the classroom!" before running past the gate.

Hoppy doesn't waste any time in turning left and running down the hall, turning left again to enter the classroom, then running through and turning right after she exits it. She sees Dan staring down the hallway in preparation for the creepy toy and nods in thanks, the older brother nodding in turn before the large toy passes him.