The Bloody Rum

Kats POV:

Me and Elisabeth had sneaked onto a Scottish merchant ship and the crewman swabbing the deck happened to find a familiar gold and cream dress tucked in a corner and pulls it out. The crewmen Had been arguing loudly about the newfound dress but no one seems not notice Elisabeth and I the two new young cabin boys varnishing the port side railing as the first mate had instructed us to do. The captain rushes forward to discover what the fuss is about.

"What's all this? If you both fancy the dress, you'll just have to share, and wear it one after the other." One of the squabbling crew members speaks up. "It's not like that, Sir. This ship, is haunted."
"Is it now?" He scoffs at the crewman "N' you?" The captain asks the quartermaster.
"There is a female presence amongst us, yes all the menthey can feel it." The man admits.

Elisabeth and I exchange amused glances, leaving the dress had been a gamble but we needed a way to convince the crew to head toward a particular port, and Mr. Gibbs had taught us that sailors were a superstitious lot.

The crew all begin to squabble and argue. "The ghost of a lady, widowed before her marriage, I figure it. Searching for her husband, lost at sea."
"A virgin, too, likely as not. And that bodes ill by all accounts."
"I say... that we throw the dress overboard, and we hope the spirit finds it."
"No! That will just anger the spirit, Sir. What we need to do is find out what the spirit needs, and then just get it back!" The quartermaster insists.

"Enough! Enough!" Yells the captain. "You're a pair of superstitious goats and it's got the best of you. Now this appears to be no more as we have a stowaway aboard. A young woman, by the look of it. I want you to search the ship and find her. Oh, and uh... she's probably naked."
That gets the crew attention and they enthusiastically rush off in search of the stowaway, including the new cabin boys

Lizzy and I pause for a moment to catch their breath after trying not to piss ourselves laughing for the last 10 minutes "I can't believe that worked." Elizabeth sighed finally calming down.
"Why on earth would they think a stowaway would be naked?" I asks trying to catch my breath from her tight binding wrapped around my chest and the wheezing laughter for just before .
Elizabeth rolls her eyes, "Why do men think, anything they do?" She asks and helps me adjust the tightly wrapped linen bindings.

"Who would have thought I would ever be jealous of you for a smaller chest?" we giggle.
"Katharine." Elizabeth asks, "When we find them, Will and Jack, do you think that Jack will cooperate or?"
"Stop Lizzy, You're letting father get into your head. Jack won't let us or Will hang for him.
He's a good man, even if he doesn't always show it."
Elizabeth smiled at me and I hoped I was right, for all their sakes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd person POV: 

Pantano River, Cuba 

At the mouth of the Pantano River, two longboats are making their way up the river and The Black Pearl is anchored just in the foreground. The longboats make there way through the twisted roots of the mangrove trees.
"Why is Jack afraid of the open ocean?" Will asks Gibbs, glancing at Jack in the other boat.

Gibbs always loves a good tale and launches into one. "Well, if you believe such things, there's a beast that does the bidding of Davy Jones. A fearsome creature with giant tentacles that suction your face clean off. And drag an entire ship past the crushing darkness. The Kraken!"

Marty turns around at mention of the word, Pintel and Ragetti look at each other in fear.
"They say the stench of its breath is like - ooh! Imagine. The last thing you know on God's green earth is the roar of the Kraken, and the reeking odor of a thousand rotting corpses. If you believe such things."
"And the key will spare him that?" Will asks.
"Now that's the very question Jack wants answered. Bad enough even to go visit Her." He says with a shudder.
"Her?" "Aye."