Escaped a hanging

Kat POV:

Elizabeth and I once again stand overlooking the battlement of Port Royal.
We are again dressed in heavy formal gowns as required of their stations this time the corsets aren't as terribly tight as last time. Next to us stands our father Governor Weatherby Swan and Commodore James Norrington. Around my neck hangs the shimmering ocean blue gemstone pendant that Jack had given me, I have refused to remove it for any reason. As Jack Sparrow is lead to the gallows I feel my sisters hand grasp mine in support.

The official holding Jack's execution orders begins to read. "Jack Sparrow, be it known that you have..." Jack, standing on the gallows mutters to himself. "Captain, Captain Jack Sparrow." His dark eyes scan the crowd until his eyes find mine. Even from there he can see the tears in my blue eyes and how stiffly I'm holding myself so I don't let those tears shed. "...for your willful commission of crimes against the crown. Said crimes being numerous in quantity and sinister in nature, the most egregious of these to be cited herewith? piracy, smuggling.."

Elizabeth then whispers to her father and fiancé.
"This is wrong." All three are watching me worriedly, I've hardly spoken to them since we  returned, I've refused to acknowledge their presence or stares, I'm pissed off.
"Commodore Norrington is bound by the law. As are we all." My father replies.
"..impersonating an officer of the Spanish Royal Navy, impersonating a cleric of the Church of England..."
Jack smirks and looks over at the executioner who glares at him. 
"...sailing under false colors, arson, kidnapping, looting, poaching, brigandage, pilfering, depravity, depredation, and general lawlessness. And for these crimes you have been sentenced to be, on this day, hung by the neck until dead. May God have mercy on your soul..."

At last Will walks through the crowd to the raised ground on which me and my sister and our escorts stand. He bows formally. "Governor Swan. Commodore." Then he looks at his me and the my sister which he clearly loves.
"Katharine, I promise you, I will try to fix this. Elizabeth, I should have told you every day from the moment I met you. I love you." He walks away as the noose is put around Jack's neck.
My breath catches as I realise there's a chance just as Elizabeth and I notice a beautiful blue and gold Macaw fly into the courtyard to land on top of the flagpole. The drums sound and Elizabeth squeezes mine just before she gasps out. "I can't breathe."
She falls backward in a faint and the Governor and the Commodore rush to help her.

 Will suddenly yells out, "Move!" and throws his sword just as the lever is pulled and Jack falls through the trap door! I gasp, The sword sticks in the wood, and Jack has a foothold. Will fights his way to the gallows with just behind him, he keeps the executioner at bay while I pull my dagger from my boot and cut the rope around Jack's neck free.

Jack drops down to the ground and uses the sword stuck in wood to cut his bound hands free and then holds out his arms for me to drop down into them.
Will, Jack and I fight our way all the way up to the cliff tower, using Jacks hangman rope to trip and knock out several soldiers. Then we are finally cornered by Norrington's men and both men push me between them to protect me from the dozens of brandished saber blades.
Norrington then addresses Will and I . "I thought we might have to endure some sort of ill-conceived escape attempt, but not from you two."

Governor Swan my father frantically tries to reach for me, "Katharine, come here this instance! I know you have some infatuation with pirates but it stops now!" but I defy him.
I raise my chin and calmly tell him, "No, Father."
The governor's jaw momentarily falls open and then he turns his fury to Will. "On our return to Port Royal, I granted you clemency. And this is how you thank me? By throwing in your lot with him? He's a pirate!"
"And a good man." I respond to my father even though he had clearly been addressing Will, Jack looks adoringly at me and then points to himself proudly and mouths
"That's me." To the governor.
Will nods in agreement with his friend
"If all I have achieved here is that the hangman will earn two pairs of boots instead of one, so be it. At least my conscience will be clear."
"You forget your place, Turner." Norrington growls.

Will narrows his eyes at his competition, "Its right here, between you and Jack."
Elizabeth moves to stand next to Will, "As is mine."
Our father is completely overwhelmed with the sight of both of his daughters surrounded by swords. "Elizabeth! Katharine! Lower your weapons. For goodness sake put them down!" the weapons are lowered and Norrington swallows hard and looks at Elizabeth, "So this is where your heart truly lies, then?"
Elizabeth nods to him, "It is."
Jack just then sees where I had been looking and notices the Macaw. "Well! I'm actually feeling rather good about this." Jack says to my father
"I think we've all arrived at a very special place, eh? Spiritually? Ecumenically? Grammatically?" I can't help but giggle at my father's expression.
Jack turns to Norrington, "I want you to know that I was rooting for you, mate. Know that."

He pauses to look fondly at my sister, "Elizabeth, it would never have worked between us, luv. I'm sorry." Elizabeth stares at him in shock for a moment and looks at me in disgust!
"Will, nice hat." Finally, Jack turns to me and can't seem to stop himself from stepping close enough to wrap an arm around my waist and gently cup my jaw to run his thumb over the curve of my cheekbone. "Kat" he smiles his adorable lopsided grin as he brushes my lower lip and tells me. "This is not goodbye darling, we will, most likely see one another again." I smile up at him and I pull him towards my chest and whispers in his ear. "Till next time then, Captain Jack Sparrow."

Jack isn't particularly paying attention to how close the edge is as he delivers his final farewell, "Friends! This is the day that you will always remember as the day that..." he trips on the ledge and falls over battlement. I can't help but giggle to myself. 
All the soldier's rush to the side to see just as Jack slices cleanly into the water below in a perfect dive.
I however stroll calmly to the edge and stops just under the old archway to watch as Jack's head pops out of the crystal blue water below.
Gillette gloats, "Idiot. He has nowhere to go but back to the noose." Just as a sentry yells out "Sail ho!"
From around the corner of the far shore sails a mighty ship, her newly replaced black sails flapping in the breeze and freshly painted and repaired deck gleaming in the Caribbean sun!
Gillette look up at Norrington, "What's your plan of action? Sir?"

"Perhaps on the rare occasion pursuing the right course demands an act of piracy, piracy itself can be the right course?" Our father says as he catches Me and Elisabeth's smiles
"Mr. Turner," The commodore address Will standing next to him and unsheathes his sword to admire it a moment. "This is a beautiful sword. I would expect the man who made it to show the same care and devotion in every aspect of his life."
Will nods, "Thank you."
"Commodore! What about Sparrow?" Gillette demands.
Norrington glances back at me where I am still standing looking down as Jack escapes,
"Well, I think we can afford to give him one day's head start."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd person POV: 

Governor Swan looks to where his youngest daughter is gazing after the pirate who is currently escaping and decides to deal with that problem another day. Instead he glances at his oldest, "So, this is the path you've chosen, is it? After all, he is a blacksmith."
"No." Elizabeth smiles and takes off Will's hat
"He's a pirate." the Governor walks away as Elizabeth and Will kiss and Katharine stands beneath the archway of the battlements to watch as Jack is thrown a line from the Pearl and pulled on board.

From his position on the deck Jack looks to Mr. Gibbs, "I thought you were supposed to keep to the Code."
Gibbs shrugs, "We figured they were more like, guidelines." As he helps Jack up and Cotton hands him his hat.
"Thank you."

Anamaria steps up and places Jack's coat around his shoulders, "Captain Sparrow, the Black Pearl is yours."
Jack walks over to the helm and looks around fondly before he realises his crew is all looking at his nostalgic moment a bit to closely.
"On deck, you scabrous dogs! Man the braces! Let down and haul to run free..."
Jack smiles as the crew rushes to their duties.
"Now, bring me that horizon."
He hums a song under his breath and takes out his compass. At first the needle seems to point back towards the fort, and the figure atop the battlements, Jack smiles and glances up at Kat and then tells the compass
"That's an adventure for another day mate."
The compass changes directions "And really bad eggs, drink up, me 'earties, yo ho."